Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Hustle (Cont.)

In case you're wondering, yes, I've updated this post.

I had my meeting to put my hustle into action. My plans were definitely bigger than theirs. They wanted many long-term goals, which is great. But that doesn't do anything for me now. I wasn't looking to be hired as a business consultant, but that seemed like what I was doing. At the end of an hour and a half meeting, all they have is a logo, a couple pics that need to be taken, and a couple of paragraphs. "That's it?" You want to pay me to put that on the web? Ummmm.... OK. I told them to update it with my suggestions, send it back to me in Word. I'll just do a "save as Web Page", FTP it, and charge them $100. I told them I was giving them a break. When they get their act together, I'll be ready w/ a new contract!


Hot Hot


I love my hot tub. Very relaxing. For those moments, worries go away, and peace fulfills me. But darnnit... it's too hot outside! I can't wait for it to cool off.... then again, I did have the temperature set to 104, I'll turn it down next time.


Checkup: OVERDUE!!!


As you know, I never stay in town. So I tested my rebuilt transmission on yet another road trip. Crazy, since the dude told me to bring it back for a check up after 100 miles. It's been 2600 miles!!!


Be Gentle


What did I learn this trip? Although little kids love to be tossed around like a football, and they are a good substitute for weight lifting when away from the gym, it's a very bad idea to let a baby sit on your foot while you let him fall forward off of your foot, onto the floor, w/ a juice cup in his mouth. I feel really, really bad. I hope helping the Dad wipe all the blood from the baby's busted lip was a good enough deed to not have any grudges held against me.


It's Free?


It was way too hot last week. So much so, my rear view mirrow was now dangling off a wire since the adhesive gave way. So I head off to the car shop a day before my road trip to get the adhesive. Mind you, this is the car shop where I personally have been ensuring the owner's kids have their college tuition paid for. So the guy hands me the rear view mirror fixer, and says "You're good to go!". I'm confused. Does this mean good to go to the check out counter? I'm not going to dare walk out the store w/o paying for it. Of course, I asked how much is it. He takes the glue back, gives it back to me, then gives me a hand shake, to see if I can get this clue, since, I obviously didn't believe the 1st one. I walked out in disbelief.


K.obe's icon


I was sent this blog that showed K.obe's new icon for his N.IKE shoes. I would have to agree with him, why in the world would N.IKE pick a phallic symbol for K.obe, of all people?! I didn't think it was true, but sure enough.... go to http://NikeBasketball.com, click on Kobe's Training Room, click on the Air Zoom shoes, and the logo is on the back.

7 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger C.R.C. said...

OMG!!!

I'm so late on updating with your blog, but I just read about the engagement to Gecko Girl.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
I'm very happy for you both :)

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger AMES said...

I'm not a Kobe fan, so anything a marketer decides to do to destroy his ability to move products won't make me cry.

Although I heard the video that helped made Usher's career, was supposed to be the efforts of someone who wanted to destroy and embarrass him.

As for that baby, I hurt for him. I'm shaking my head at you.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Jez Chill said...

%Sunnchine: Thanks!! Feel free to stop by more frequent than once a month! :-)

%Sunnchine: I think kids will still be able to get their parents to buy his shoes, succumbing to the brat's whining.

 
At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cuz Kobe's a dickhead... duh!

poor kid... who knew that a baby falling forwards.. who is head heavy... with a cup in it's mouth... could bust it's lip! Babies should have better balancing skills!

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Don Tate II said...

Good Luck. I had my own rear view mirror glue night mare last summer.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Jez Chill said...

%Miss A: Lesson learned.

%Proactiff: Where's my sympathy?!

%Edwige: Oh, I hope that's not needed. I'd feel even more awful.

%Don: I should invite screw-in-glass rear view mirrors! I'd be rich! My idea, don't steal it.

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger courtney said...

WOMP WOMP WOMP @ Kobe's shoe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home