Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Cars Can't Swim

You know how you watch the news and think those cars are crazy for trying to drive through 4 feet of water? I always thought they were the biggest idiot. Until Hurricane Dennis poured some water on Atlanta. Of course, the most pathetic drainage system in the country could not handle an event that occurs yearly, so there were was flooding everywhere. One would think that an area that gets hit with tropical storms/hurricanes like clockwork would build an adequate drainage system. Even my brand new subdivision floods on schedule. Not into the homes, but the streets & yards are a mess.

So here I am, going about 30, and I see the car in front of me slow down. I do the same. I thought the road was just wet, expected since it raining so hard, looked like I was driving under Niagra Falls. Then I looked closer at the car in front of me, and I saw that the water level on was up to the door! It's too late, I'm now hoping my little rental doesn't get washed off the road, or stall the engine, or enter the car. The police closed the road right after I passed through. I'm just glad I wasn't one of those idiots you see on the evening news that standing on top of their car.


Second Thoughts


That's right, I was in a rental car. My transmission is about to go out, and I need reliable transportation. So the dilimma is, do I buy a new car, or drop a couple grand on this one. Being one that hates being in any type of debt, I chose to fix my car. So now that I have depleted my fun money, I'm having serious second thoughts about passing up the acting gig.


Stress


This has been one of those weeks where I was supposed to be just chillin' & relaxin', and enjoying life. But instead, issue after issue kept popping up everywhere! Maybe I should've read my horoscope or something, I should've been warned. I'm need a break, and it may come this weekend. I'm heading home to Cleveland to see my folks. It may not be relaxing since I fear the house will be full of people all weekend.


Bobby


The TV accidenetly fell on Bobby Brown's tv show. I can say, without a doubt, he's perfect for Whitney! Both of them has some serious issues. So when you get two screwed up people together... Actually, one's a screw, and the other is a nut... they fit perfectly together.


Today


The only thing left I have to say, is that today is a special day. :-)

6 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe everything happens for a reason (ur car, rental, passing thru before the road closed, being able to pass thru the road, and choice to fix your car - debt is a bitch).

Special day? It's hump day AND it's July 13... if it's ya birthday... happy birthday... if not... then I take it back!

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Don Tate II said...

Cars can't swim: People in Texas get killed in that situation, even disregarding warnings not to cross low water crossings during storms.

 
At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep forgetting to watch Bobby's show. I saw it the first night and was blown away by the ammount of ghetto-mess before my eyes... They are so right together its scary.. Who woulda thought it.

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger AMES said...

Happy B-day! Did you do anything exciting?

As Coley said the weather here has been gorgeous, no rain, no slides. I guess when one region has it rough another region has it lovely.

Let us refer to Rainmayun's archive circa March 2005 in regards to your multiple opinions against repairing a car in favor of purchasing a new one.

You were with California Coley, who did buy a new car when her old one (which wasn't even old) started acting up.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger AMES said...

That is his entry titled "Outsmarted By My Car."

In the words of Mrs. TJ, "HOLLA."

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Jez Chill said...

MsThing, you're right, I'll have to start listening to what the stars are telling me.

Miss A, I believe the reason is there is a brand new car waiting for me, next year.

Don, I would not hesitate to pull a U-turn if there was a sign warning me of pending peril. If a driver ignores a posted warning, then that's the idiot.

Proactiff, Very close, but no cigar.

Everyone: Thanks for acknowledging my special day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home