Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Reunion Recap

It's official, I'm in that "older" crowd now. My 10 year class reunion has come & gone. First of all, black folks are the worst organizers! But putting out a schedule of events via e-mail the same day as when the events start does not constitute proper planning. So as a result, I ran into very folks that are not local. My out of town classmates that I have kept in touch with didn't make it. I only attended one event, the night party. I was very happy to see many classmatees I haven't seen in a really long time. Some, 11 years, since I finished my fourth year at another college.
It was good to see that a lot of folks have taken care of their bodies, and came out looking great! Others, hmmmm.... I wanted to slip them a pass to the gym. Same came up to me yelling, "Remember me?" Others, I'm saying, "I can't believe you don't recognize/remember me!" I look different though. Going from a tight fade to shoulder length locs gives me an entirely different look. Some folks I missed, and was hoping to catch the following night, but I didn't make it the Old School Party.


Albuquerque


What the hell is in Albuquerque? I can barely pronounce & spell it. I'll be there next week. My mom wants some turquoise jewelry. I guess I'll spend my time catching the season finales of my favorite shows.

9 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Blogger AMES said...

You're always hanging out on the West side.

I'll be on the South side next month after a 2 or 3 year hiatus. I think I'm ready.

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Rainmayun said...

I just want you to know that background is ultra-ghetto

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Jez Chill said...

C2A: The West is the best place... VISIT!!!

Tiff: I don't know what's so great about Turquoise. It doesn't *bling*

Rain: To be honest, I created that background about 8 years ago, when ghetto backgrounds were cool. Now if I can only get my Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop off of my old G3, I'd be straight.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger desertrose said...

uhhh....no i think i have you beat, egyptian folks are the worst organizers!! :)

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger C.R.C. said...

LOL! Have a great time in Alberqu...well.....you know how to spell it.

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Shana said...

Hey old man. . . (kidding), hope you have fun on your trip. . . turquoise jewelry is so in for the spring/summer. . moms must be a DIVA. . .lol

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Don Tate II said...

LOL @ rainmayun! Ultra-ghetto. Im going to have to steal that word. I like the different backgrounds and designs and effort people put into perkin up their spots. Nice touch, J-Chill.

Albbuqerque? Is that NM?

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger DatFuule said...

I spent a few days in Albuquerque a little over a year ago. It a was small science thing, and we shared the meeting hotel with a clown convention.

However, we did manage to find a really good martini lounge with some extra color to it. They had a white woman in a 60's polka-dot dress sangin' jazz standards. And I do mean sangin' for real! Between that and the clowns, the drinks helped resolve the multiple inconguities.

The Martini Grille. They may still have the velvet, leopard-print drapes. Holla at them if you get the chance.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger butterphliâ„¢ said...

I'm still in denial that my high school reunion is coming up next year. Time flies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home