Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Keeping up with the Jones' - Part II

How do you know that the we are well into Spring? It's when all the neighbors come outside like they are preparing for a battle. The victor gets to claim the Nicest Looking Yard bragging rights. I met a new neighbor. He came by and told me his fiance' requested he find out what I did to get green grass in my backyard. I don't know where he's from, but he's got to be the countriest guy I've ever met. He told me his battle plans, and acknowledged that I was currently winning the war. I saw Geckogirl's neighbor had her kids digging out their weed infested garden.
My Latino neighbor was actively going to war. He's the one I talked about earlier who just aerated & seeded his yard since that is what worked for me. He was out with his kids, and guess what? I caught him & his daughter on my grass, checking it out, letting her play, and watering his own lawn. Click on the pic here. Remeber, my yard used to be a whole lot of red clay, now it's filling up with some greenery. #1> What are you doing in my yard? #2> Get your kid out of my yard! #3> Who's going to clean up all that damn straw?
Some new tulips have blossomed! I now have Dark violet tulips to go with my purple & pink ones. I could have sworn I planted some bright colored bulbs. But knowing me, I just bought anything and planted them w/o much thought.

8 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger AMES said...

The grass really is greener on the other side.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Rainmayun said...

Your wall is higher than Gecko's wall... now that's what I call a wall!

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Don Tate II said...

That is too funny, the yard pic contrast. Man, I wish I had a green thumb with yard work. I just burnt up my lawn with turf builder, and gave my grass guy this week off to save money. Now I've got weeds.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger AMES said...

I don't even see any posts, how do you know where your property line ends? How did you know where to stop planting grass?

When he gets grass then who will know what?

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Jez Chill said...

Yep, green grass is much greener than red clay! lol

Thanks edwige!

Rainmayun: My Latino neighbor as a bigger slope than I do, and wants a wall. I'd like to see him build a 4' wall filled with dirt!!!

Don Tate: Trial & error. Been there, done that. I guess you get what you pay for.

Call: I don't need a fence to tell where my property line is!

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger AMES said...

I just wanna know how you know the property line.

I'm not suggesting you get a fence. I support a world without boundaries.

 
At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Niiiiice. At first it took me back a little because we got friends and family in ATL/GA, and what sticks with me the most are the beautiful, green yards that look like "putting greens." I guess I forget about what winter does to yards and grass. Keep them neighbors on their toes...
BTW, thanks for the shout on my spot.

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Hyps said...

I'm jealous. My garden (yard to you all) looks like a rain forest and I'm sure there are whole communities thriving in there! If you ever make it to London could I hire you for a day or two?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home