Monday, April 04, 2005

AAAARRRRGGHHHH!!!!!! HE'S BACK!!!!!

I can't believe this scary creature is back on BK commercials. I'd rather see Hootie singing!!!! This really, really bothers me. Is it just me? Before you answer, Do you remember the original comercial? Here it is here. (Or for folks on dial up)

Something about this ridiculous plastic truly disturbs me. I'm fine with the slogan, "Wake Up With The King." In the first commercial, dude wakes up in the morning with the King staring at him!!! You have to read what I wrote about it a while back. Maybe its my homophobia, but I fail to understand how a man waking up with a stranger staring at him in bed makes me want to buy a crosanwich in the morning. "Wake Up With the King" HELL NO! The second commercial isn't any better. The Husband looks outside to see someone inside of his pickett fence. There's problem #1, he's tresspassing! After looking back at his wife (who appears to be putting on aftershave!) the "King" is now immediately in front of his window! Isn't that how people get shot?!

Neighborly Wars


My neighbor's latest attempt to have his backyard worthy of being adjacent to mine is to duplicate my successful effort of last fall. Both of my neighbor's had yards full of red clay until I aerated & seeded my yard. Throughout the winter, our yards looked the same, but now we see green grass filling up all my bare spots. My neighbor aerateed & seeded yesterday, & watered the dirt through the night. I think it's too late to seed effectively, but we'll see.

16 Comments:

At 12:05 AM, Blogger desertrose said...

well maybe this will help you stay away from the fast food and the calipers will work even better for you! :) just thought i would try and help you look at the bright side!

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Jez Chill said...

I'm definitely staying away from Burger King! I get the chills just thinking about it! Ronald McDonald is a good natured icon...

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

Yeah, old dude is kind of scary. I remember the on commercial where he is lying in bed with a couple, holding a sandwich. Strange...lol Great post.

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Jez Chill said...

@Tweety: You're welcome. Sorry to hear about your fight and the silencing of your creative expression... that certainly wasn't the intended outcome.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger AMES said...

JezChill, what have you done? Please share, my curiousity is buzzing. I think I read her blog a while ago. What outcome did you unintentionally cause?

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Haviland said...

I know what you're saying. My dad think those commercials (esp. the bacon cheddar ranch one) are BK's attempt to see how far they can push the decency envelope. He thinks they're being deliberately provocative. I'm inclined to agree.

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger B.E.G said...

Something just isn't right about that thing. I hate BK food but even if I didn't he would be reason enough for me to avoid it.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Chops said...

That Plastic King IS scary! The way they produced the commercial just adds to the horror. He's hella far away one minute, then he's in your face the next. Like a trailer to a horror flic if you ask me.

 
At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I definitely feel you on this one! Plus, did you know that the whole mannequin thing is spreading now? Yup!Now they've got the plastic Quaker Oats guy serving up his uhm... oats. He looks just as creepy! We might need to start a petition!~ Ms. Blaize

 
At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Isn't that how people get shot?!"

...It certainly is (how people get shot). Check this out :

http://www.flashboss.com/flash/wake_up.php

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

The LAAAST thing on my mind, upon seeing this creepy looking thing standing in my window is "Ooooh Yummy! I will partake in your wholesome, flaky croissandwich". It would be more like "Baby, get my 9, will ya?"

 
At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, I had no idea those BK ads were such a huge success! sure, you people might not like the ads, but you're not talking about McDonalds right now, are you.. that's the whole point

not that I have anything to do with BK advertising.. and I'd be inclined to agree that the ads are morally questionable.. but then, I haven't seen them since I don't watch tv

~JoeFriday

 
At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you guys !! Get a grip!! It (the Wake up With the King spot) got your attention, didn't it?? I don't see anything wrong with it, in fact it is kind of refreshing after the balze' spots I have seeen of late!

HD

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Liquid Waves O' Stevens said...

NO WAY THIS IS AWESOME! I LOVE THESE ADS! "waking up with the king" and there he is in bed with you handing out food. i don't see why everyone hate these tv spots for, they are classic!

i for one am a fan of them, they are funnier than that hip-hop MDs crap! they got fools on there talking about "MMMMMmmm ahm lovin' it" and they can't even speak right!

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Liquid Waves O' Stevens said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Liquid Waves O' Stevens said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home