Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Cataloochee

Continuing my lifestyle as a Southern Ski Bum, I visited the grand ski 'hill' at Cataloochee Ski Resort. After a nice 3.5 hr drive through the country, breakfast at the bluegrass cafe, it was time to have some fun. I decided to spare my skis and try snowboarding instead. I did excellent, considering it was only the 2nd time in 4 years that I even attempted to board. I took the lessons, learned all the beginner skills real quick, then left the class early after giving the instructor a tip. I thought I knew everything... until I took everyone out getting off of the chair lift. Other than that, I was boarding like I knew what I was doing.

Cataloochee though... very scary place. It's full of kamikaze folks who don't know what they are doing, and skiing above their ability no knowing how to stop. Standing at the bottom of the mountain is the most dangerous place to be. But the funniest area to watch.

Fork Thief


OK. I'm a little absent minded sometimes. My ears could be missing, and I wouldn't know until I tried to put on my sunglasses... & they won't stay up. I noticed that I was turning on the dish washer every week, when I normally only run the machine once a month. Someone took my forks!!!! **UGH**

2 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Blogger AMES said...

Funny, yet dangerous. A heady mix.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Brown Shuga said...

LOL My forks seem to keep turning up missing! Forks and socks. I don't know what it is. Think we might have a case?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home