Sunday, January 30, 2005

Deep Freeze

What a weekend! Hotlanta experienced the Deep Freeze, followed promptly by the Big Thaw. Usually, my car is nice & safe in the garage. But this weekend, it was exposed to the icy elements. I was going to stay off the road, but I had to check up on my frozen plants, frozen pipes, and hopefully, NOT my frozen hot tub. So off to the car I went.

I was expecting to find ice everywhere, but DAMN! Can a brother have a slight chance of getting into my car? The ice was a quarter inch thick. Unable to open the door. *sigh* I had to drop kick my door to crack the ice. Crazy. For the Atlanta folks, y'all are like yeah... yeah... we all went through it. But for the non ATLiens, here are some pictures of my ride after I started scraping the ice off the windshield. Luckily, I had a ice scraper in my trunk.

One, Two, Three, Four, Five.

BTW, I did NOT rent my rims.

3 Comments:

At 1:07 AM, Blogger Liza Valentino said...

DAYUM!! That reminds me of the ice storm we had in St Louis a few years back. I had to use my house keys as ice picks to climb up my front yard and get into the door. My house is on a hill and it was impossible to walk up...so I know the pain.

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger AMES said...

I thought I was freezing. In other news today was warm and sunny. Hope it lasts.

How was your hot tub?

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Jez Chill said...

Keys as an ice pick? I would love to have seen that!

The Hot Tub was fine. It stayed on. If there was a power outage that shut the Hot Tub off, then the motor would freeze, and that would be the worst possible thing that could happen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home