Saturday, January 22, 2005

Rare Negro

I forgot to mentioned one of my more memorable moments of the Whistler trip.

First of all, I couldn't believe how cold it was in Atlanta. I could've stayed in the Mountains if I wanted to enjoy freezing weather a little longer.

On the bus ride from the airport to the rental car place, I struck up a conversation with the other passengers, intrigued by 2 black folks w/ skis. It was fun, good conversation. But then it all took a turn. The guy that was with his wife & 2 kids, wanted to know how I could afford all these trips. I looked at him, and told him I "budget". That obviously wasn't good enough. He continued staring at me as if he was saying, "No, really. Do you play for the Falcons, Hawks... drug dealer...." So I satisfied his curiosity, but didn't understand why he all up in my b'ness so abruptly. I saw him when he left. He's rolling in a BMW M3. I'm like, what the hell do YOU do for a living. Too bad he couldn't hear me.

3 Comments:

At 2:58 AM, Blogger AMES said...

That man has probably has had a wife and kids for so long he forgot what it is to have money for his own leisure.

If he was going to the mountain to ski as well, he probably had to buy the 4 plane tickets, pay for the room(s), food for everyone and ski lift tickets and probably lessons for the kids. Paying that more than twice a year is harsh.

Instead of telling him what you do for a living you should have told him you are single with no children. I think he would have understood better.

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Jez Chill said...

It should have been very obvious that I don't travel with rugrats since I didn't have any kids with me.

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Rainmayun said...

you should have said "my family is wealthy ever since my dad started skimming off the local savings & loan 20 years ago".... maybe then he would have shut the hell up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home