Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Rent-A-Rim

I thoght it was joke. I was hoping it was. But sadly, its true. I came across an e-mail describing how if you can't afford to bling-bling your ride, now you can rent the rims & tires to front like you're a baller.

Can't afford some spinners? Do something stupid like rent a set!

Check out them out: Rent-A-Wheel (CA), Rent-A-Wheel (FL), Rent-N-Roll

An actual quote:
Actor Ray Smith, 29, of Inglewood pays $60 a week for his rims, which will amount to more than $3,000 over a year for a set that could be
bought for $1,560 cash. "It's not that bad," he says. "It's affordable."


Earlier, I blogged about how I hate seeing the fake spinners on cars, maybe this is the solution.

I agree, nice rims are a near necessity to make your ride look unique, and special to you. But if you can't afford them... stick to aluminum, or plastic hubs.

4 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Blogger GeckoGirl said...

*sigh* My people, my people. Why must we continue to waste our money trying to impress other people?

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger AMES said...

That's funny.

Dangit! Why didn't I think of this business?

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Shana said...

Wow. . people will spend money on ANYTHING these days. . . I wonder if that's a lucrative business. . . I should start one here for all the balla-wannabes. . .I'd be RICH!!! LMAO

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger DatFuule said...

My mind is actually boggling right now. I mean, really. Wow.

So is there a rim repo contract to be had with these companies? I mean, how do they handle the customers who don't pay up? Or do their rims have some special tech that will render them inoperable upon non-payment, like the grocery carts that stop at the yellow line?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home