Monday, February 07, 2005

Vail

Greetings, from Vail.
What a tight hotel I'm in! Free internet access. :-) Hot cider, cookies, gym... everything to make it enjoyable.
Vail is so... long. Who designed this place? Instead of a nice village that you can draw a circle around, the village is like, 20 miles long, and 300 ft wide.
My highlight: I'm at the top of a black diamond, scoping out the perilous terrain that's calling my name. Another skiier does the same. The caucasian guy looks at me says, "Hell no, I'm not going down there. But I'll watch you go." OK, I see this as a challenge. He doesn't think I can successfully conquer this trail, littered with grass, rocks, and other stuff sticking out through the snow & ice.
Off I go! I make it to the bottom with relative ease. Sure enough, I look up, and the guy is still looking at me. I wonder what he was thinking.
My lowlight: My boss called me at 7:30 AM.

Off to Happy Hour...

4 Comments:

At 1:46 AM, Blogger AMES said...

The hotel sounds grand. I love hotels.

20 miles? I didn't know Vail Village was that big. But I don't think I've been to that part of Vail.

Have you visited Lionshead & West Vail? Those 2 villages don't seem to be that large combined. It takes like 15 minutes for the local shuttle to circle from end to end.

How is the skiing?

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Jez Chill said...

You only visited just a portion of Vail. Many of your Cali folks will be staying in East Vail.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger AMES said...

Your Honor..... please instruct the witness Mr. Jez Chill to answer the question.

The memories your blog is invoking. I yearn for Vail and B.E. Ski Challenge.

Why are the Cali folks in East Vail? Is that where the condo's are? I think the airport shuttle might have dropped a few folks off there last time I went. It seemed very far from Cascade and West Vail.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Brown Shuga said...

Yeah right!!! You know that ass went straight down the bunny hill!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home