Thursday, February 03, 2005

First Omarosa, now Verna

Does anyone still watch 'The Apprentice'? We all remember how Omarosa was a huge disappointment last year. She'll forever be known as the Black Bitch who back-stabbed Kwame, and probably cost him the victory. OK. That season was a fluke, right? No more black women embarrasing the entire race on national TV. Especially one that brings down Black man heading towards being the H.N.I.C.

But here comes season 3. The season has just started, and I'm already profoundly disappointed. It's college grads vs high school grads. Book smarts vs Street smarts. Verna is the quietest one on the book smart team. 31, Jackson State grad, MBA, wife, mother, blah, blah, blah. She's on a quest to be Donald Trump's next success story. So of course, every week there's going to be a challenging assignment.
The last assignment had everyone working through the night. I know the show does a lot of editing, but I swear Verna had the least stressful role of anyone on both teams. When she painted, she was given a roller. She asked, "Which side of the paint roller should I use?" Um.... it's a roller!!! Both sides are the same, "DUH!" Anyways, she pitched in, and had little stress, which made her ideal to be the to interact with customer's of her assignment.
So why did this girl just up & quit? She complained that she was tired & hungry, like everyone else was. So she grabs her suitcase, and starts walking aimlessly along the beach in New Jersey. Where are you going? Why are you acting like a punk? Trump's right hand woman on the show, Caroylyn, had to drive around the city to find her. She was able to talk Verna into returning back to the show. When she returned, she told the the team that if they lost, she'll volunteer herself to be fired. PUNK!!! WIMP!!! Unfortunately, her team won. So I'll have future weeks to allow her to disappoint herself, her team, her family, her fans, and receive congratulations from the millions who will use her antics as justification for belittling other black women who strive to achieve.

Vail


I'm off to my second ski trip of the season. I nice long week in Vail, Colorado. It should be a lot of fun. Skiing. Racing. I will be missing Geckogirl. Don't worry, I'll be back by Valentine's Day. :-)

6 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard other cast members say that the show doesn't feed them, that they provide plenty of liquor but no milk and cheese. If they didn't feed me, I'd be another black woman acting crazy. Ask any of my friends and they will tell you to make sure I don't stay hungry for too long. If I get tired and hungry I'd definitely need to exit.

Feed your black woman and let her rest and you will have a peaceful existence.

 
At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn't trying to be anonymous. Call2arms

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Jez Chill said...

If you can't sacrifice one day for the sake of getting a 7 figure salary, knowing you'll be dining on lobster if your team is successful, then you don't deserve the opportunity to be successful. Short term sacrifices will lead to long term gains.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger AMES said...

People have differing priorites. Some people want that type of sucess, others don't. Nothing is wrong with either type. Perhaps she thought she wanted it and now she realizes her family and home are more important than a possibility of a future job.

As far as long term gains, planning for the future is great. I say go for the gusto today. I want mine now because I could be dead tomorrow and I want to die on a full stomach.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Brown Shuga said...

*sucking teeth* I'm hatin...Have fun anyway! hee hee Stay off the bunny hills while skiing!

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger AMES said...

I saw the show last night, I wished Verna had stayed a little longer, that way she could have quit and Danny wouldn't have been fired.

I want Michael and the evil chick that began to question Verna's need to rest to go. However, Danny did take the wrong folks to the chopping block.

As for your ski trip, once again when will you attend the Black Enterprise Ski Challenge? You are in Vail a week too early.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home