Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Who you think you is?

Why is it that work potlucks are popular? I was never given the chance to vote against it. There are two types of engineers in my group: Those that are good cooks, and those that have very nice wives that will give them food. Well, make that three types, cause I'm not in either one of those.

So I come home today from the gym. Happy, feeling good! Probably because me and geckogirl had a good work out. The singing in the car continued into my house, then I walked onto my back deck, just a singing! That's when I realized that some of my neighbors have their windows cracked. *Yikes* I live in one of those treeless neighborhoods where you can here Mexicans talking from two doors down if the kids next door are asleep. Anyways, after a brief moment of embarassment, thinking someone was going to try to vote me off of American Idol, I cranked up the hot tub for later use, and relaxed.

That's when I remembered I have a @#&%$# potluck tomorrow! Off to the neighborhood Kroger I go. I grab my beverages & rolls, and head to the check out line. There's only one line open, not surprising, since it's late. I'm second in line, my goods are on the belt, and the cashier walks away with her money till. I'm thinking... shift change, right?! minutes go by, line gets longer, no cashier. Then a second cashier opens up another line. I still have no cashier. I ask the lady, "Is our cashier coming back?" "Yes, she'll be righ back". Minutes go by. I leave the line to walk to the stairs leading up the business area, I don't see anyone. I go back to the 1st cashier, and asked again. She left her station to find my cashier, and told her to get back to her register. More minutes go by. Felt like I've been waiting for 10 minutes now.

She doesn't say anything when she returns, but I'm annoyed! I told her, that she can't just leave her customers waiting in line. "Well, if you think I'm going to not count my till first, you're crazy!". Um, who is she talking to. I know she isn't talking to me. I don't give a shit about how much money is in her tray. So again, "Regardless, you cannot leave a line of customers unattended when we're trying to checkout." Her smart ass: "I just did, didn't I?" Oh hell no. I'm thinking to myself, "Who the hell do you think you is?" Mind you, this is an old white lady with the mouth of a young black girl. I just played it cool, said "We'll see." Got my Kroger card discount, paid for my goods, and headed home. I promptly called up to the store, spoke with the manager, and gave her the play-by-play. Since Publix is right across the street, I doubt the new cashier will be there when I return. The last place one expects to get some attitude is at the neighborhood supermarket. Or maybe I'm expectations are too high for this neighborhood.

7 Comments:

At 1:20 AM, Blogger desertrose said...

That was funny:) You should go back and see if you see her again!

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger GeckoGirl said...

The real question is why the heck did you stand in line for 10+ minutes when you could have just gone through the self-checkout line??? I think you just wanted something to blog about :-)

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger AMES said...

Hillarious, I wish I could have been in the line. I would have enjoyed the exchange.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Jez Chill said...

@geckogirl: :-O I had to wait in line because that was the ONLY open line. Self-checkout closes at a certain time. My food was already on the belt, so I didn't put it back in my cart to switch lines... Give me some credit.

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger Nina said...

lol too funny...

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger NeenaLove said...

heck naw!!! i'm with lboogie... can't stand to go somewhere to spend some money and their service isn't worthy of my bit of change.

i'd have went to the manager immediately.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Haviland said...

You're a better person than I, JezChill. I would have smacked the black . .. er, I mean white, right off that woman.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home