Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Sometimes in April

Hotel Rwanda was a great movie. It leaves you numb, but gives you great insight to a troubesome situation. Now HBO is out with 'Sometimes In April'. Same subject, but this movie shows several perspectives aside from the hotel manager's view point. The amount of information this gives you is more thought provoking and informative than the blockbuster version. I have some serious questions now. Like, why did the Italian government help the crooked Rwandan military commander escape? I encourage everyone that does not have HBO to find someone who does, and watch this flick. If you liked Hotel Rwanda, you'll appreciate this one even more. Mad props to Stringer Bell!!! I mean, Idris Elba.

Vegas


Time for another trip. I didn't realize it was Easter weekend, when I booked it. But I find it very ironic that near everything is sold out in Sin City on Easter. Probably has something to do with Spring Break. I'm definitely looking forward to going.

Fat Check


Am I obsessed with staying fit? Maybe. Just purchased some callipers so that I can measure my body fat. Of course, getting on a scale doesn't tell me anything about how much muscle I'm gaining or fat I'm losing. So now with these inaccurate calipers, I can see if I'm losing my love handles to a 1% accuracy. Since I only have 8% body fat (maybe it's 7%, maybe it's 9%) according to this chart, I'm starting to think that this is just a gimmick to throw away my $20.

10 Comments:

At 6:42 PM, Blogger AMES said...

Let us know how spring break in Vegas is.

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Jez Chill said...

Don't you know what goes on Vegas, stays in Vegas?!?! Maybe I'll give a small report.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger desertrose said...

I went to Vegas during spring break last year....good luck!!

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

I feel you on the "Hotel Rwanda" and "Sometimes in April" comparisons. Great blog by the way.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger C.R.C. said...

I'll have to check out that Sometimes in April on HBO. Hotel Rwanda was a great movie, so I wouldn't mind checking out this one. Have fun in Vegas!!!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger courtney said...

hmmm...i havent seen either.....might have to do that....you make it sound so good.

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Jez Chill said...

@Karen I don't believe in Magic, but I know what you're talking about. An electrical pulse goes through your body. Problem is, reports say they are inaccurate for muscualr body types (me) and your hydration level changes the results.

@desertrose: You have me worried now, what should I look out for?

@humanity critic: Thanks!!!

@chevonne: Will do!

@courtney: Bring a box of tissues with you.

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Rainmayun said...

you're an engineer... you should be able to measure your volume via water displacement in your tub (or hot tub), then using your weight go look up on a chart to compare to known densities for adipose and non-adipose tissue to calculate your bodyfat %. archimedes, its the most accurate way!

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger desertrose said...

You should worry about many loud college kids crowding the town! Hope you had fun!

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger desertrose said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home