Saturday, April 02, 2005

Keepin' Up wit da Jones'

OK, i was just talking about how I'm excited about my backyard looking better than my neighbors'. Why did I wake up this morning and find this pulling up in front of my house? (yes, you have to click the link) I'm like, "What the hell?" I look a little closer, and I see this. (Yeah, you gotta click again)

Dammit! My neighbor is cheating! He spent mucho dinero to try to outdo everyone. It's ok. Come to find out, the guy refused to use the forklift for whatever reason. Something about he can't roll a 6,000 lb forklift over the yard w/o the proper paperwork. So it looks like I'm still in the lead for now.

I had to go over there to tell him his friggin' security light that he installed on the side of his house, which is connected to a motion sensor, stayed on all night... lighting up my bedroom like I was at a broadway show!

Sleet


Why did I open the door and see sleet coming down? It's like, 50 degrees, and I see ice crystals falling all on my deck. Crazy.

Damn Calipers


I found this site that says
"The results can also be skewed ...if you are nonwhite, since formulas are based on white subjects." WTH!

Then my numbers are all screwed up depending on which part of my skin I check. If I measure a location a 1/4 inch differently, I will get a drastically different result. *sigh*

Maybe I should have invested in a Monitor that measures your body density with a small amount of electriciity. But I've read that those are numbers are also inaccurate depending on if you're athletic or not (or in between) and how hydrated you are.

4 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger AMES said...

The nerve of that neighbor playing dirty.

My mom's neighbor has a new lawn planted every 3 to 4 years. His front yard grass isn't as lush as ours. Last month he also retained our gardener.

But his backyard is fab, he supplies the neighborhood with fresh veggies year round.

Neighbors.

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Brown Shuga said...

I wish I had YOUR problems! LMAO!!

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Haviland said...

Please, for the love of all that is holy, put those freakin' calipers away!

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Jez Chill said...

@Call2Arms: New yards never look as lush as established ones. Doesn't he know that?

@BrownShuga: No you don't. Costs more money to deal with them!

@Curvy: ROTFL!!! I wish I could... I wish I could... I may need a therapist

@Coley: You need to be looking at MY yard, not my neighbor's whack attempts. Although I did copy off of my other neighbor's yard, just made mine look better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home