Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The Interpreter

Time for some more of my twisted, random thoughts.

The Interpreter was a great movie. But I was greatly annoyed throughout the movie. Everyone knows there is alot of edititing before we get to see the final version. There's nothing wrong with that. But in a great movie, I would expect there to be some focus on the little details. It's these little details that I focus on, and enjoy. I may not know who shot who, but I'll notice that the glass shattered in a different direction from the bullet trajectory. Yeah, you probably don't want to sit next to me watching an action flick.

So Nicole Kidman was doing her thing in The Interpreter. There were several scenes in the movie where there was obviously no one on the set to check her hair. In each one of the scenes, she will be having a single conversation, with no wind, and her hair keeps jumping to a different position every time the camera focuses back on her. So in every sentence, her hair starts off behind her ear, scan to the other guy real quick, back to her in the same sentence, now her eyes are covered. Did I blink? Did a strong breeze come through the ventilation system and moved her hair in the one second the camera changed shots? OK, next sentence. What the hell? The hair is in the exact same position as where it started! Wait, now it's back to covering her right eye like Aaliyah. This continues whenever she talks, so now I've forgotten what she was talking about, and can only focus on Kidman's hair.


Who's Googling me?


I've been wondering why folks access my site after clicking on a Google link. I think I have some internet spies trying to track my every mouse click. I have noticed some new comments to my Burger King entry. Maybe they clicked on page 97 of their BK search and found me. Check out this link some guy (BK) posted: http://www.flashboss.com/flash/wake_up.php


Nap Time


Why did I go into my work bathroom yesterday, and hear snoring?! I know he was snoring, because he woke up when he heard a flush! Speaking of work bathroom, the next time I see someone leave w/o washing his hands, I'm going to loudly call him out. I can see if you're at home, but I SEE YOU!!! Wouldn't the awareness of a co-worker observing your nasty behaviour be encouragement for you to at leat turn the faucet on and pretend you're washing?


Keeping Up With The Jones'


OK, I really have to take some more pics later on this summer. The neighbor I spoke about earlier who commented on my yard is building the exact same retaining wall in front of his house, in the exact same fashion as mine. I'm not mad at him, cause my immediate neighbor had his wall up before mine, so now three adjacent houses will have matching gardens.


Blogs are mainstream


My favorite magazine, NEWSWEEK has a weekly section called BlogWatch. Check out this week's entry about a solder's humorous view on what to (and not to) send in your care packages to soldiers in Iraq.


It's getting HOT in here


My job is sort like an engineering policeman. I make sure the engineers do what my management says they are supposed to be doing. And when they don't follow my direction (which is often), then all hell breaks lose. Last week was one of those weeks. I saw the tension building up. My team huddled, and agreed to stick to our plan. The opposing team also geared up, and planned to counter our attack. We met in a conference room, the program manager blew his whistle, and the management went at each other. The end result was that the grown men were about to quit the company! I'm like, damn, I didn't know it was that serious. It really wasn't about who's right or wrong, more about pride/ego. Oh yea, and that typical Southern behaviour: "I'm not listening to that Negro!" You know what, they may not have to follow my direction, but they will definitely listen to every word I say. If they don't respect me, I can bring hell upon anyone I find in contempt!

6 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Blogger AMES said...

They have that job, there are people paid to make sure changes like that don't happen. They walk around the set shooting pictures of the actors before a scene, so that if a retake needs to be done they make sure hair, outfit, makeup, small things are uniform.

They have slipped many times, Boomerang when chick was on her stomach, and Eddie lifted the covers to check her feet and the feet were facing up as if she was on her back. Another movie sorry forgot the name was supposed to be set in some archaic age when men battled in body armour with swords and the soldiers were wearing tennis shoes.

Check out http://www.slipups.com/ for various movie and t.v. slip ups.

I didn't have time to notice those things about Interpreter because although the movie started off well it lost it.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger AMES said...

http://www.moviemistakes.com/film4980. Someone else noted your hair mistakes. You are not alone.

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Jez Chill said...

Thanks C2A, I feel more normal now, knowing others noted these mistakes in far more detail than I could.

Proactiff, I just don't see how you guys are able to blog daily! I'll be lucky to get in 2 posts a week.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger desertrose said...

Hmmm...I almost saw the Interpreter yesterday and switched to the Hitchhikers Guide at the last minute (couldnt resist Mos Def lol)...should I have gone to the Interpreter instead??

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Chops said...

LOL @ "Nap Time". That's hilarious! I thought I was the only one who notices people sleeping in the bathroom at work!!

Lambchop~

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Don Tate II said...

You know, theres this really fat guy that I work with, several actually, but this one in particular snores even when he's awake. Loud. In fact thats how I know he is approaching my desk from behind, in addition to feeling the floor vibrate, I hear his snore. I think its because all that fat is chockin' his breating tubes. No joke, I'm serious. So when I hear any snoring coming from the bathroom stall, I know its him, and I know to get outta there immediately.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home