Thursday, June 30, 2005

C.redit C.ard F.raud

Surprise! That's right. I blogged twice in a week! LOL

I was inspired to write this blog since it's on my mind. I have been a victim of c.redit c.ard f.raud. I'm the type of guy that wouldn't notice $2,000 missing out my account, or 20 extra charges on my bill. So you're probably wondering how I found out, right?

My Macy's card expired. This is a problem, because I get 90% of my clothing from there. Since they are changing to the Rich's name, maybe that's why I never received my new card. I don't know. So I called and asked for a new card, the guy told me I had a balance on the new card. That's not possible, if I never activated the new card. He said, the card was activated at my number on such-&-such date, and one purchase at some auto store for $25.

I'm thinking, maybe I did buy something at an auto store. I don't know what I did 2 weeks ago. Before I could ask more questions about the charge, I was speaking to the fraud department. They didn't have access to the fraudulent charge, just wanted my statement. I'm going to file the fraud report, but I'm going to really be kicking myself in the ass if I find out later that I bought an air filter for my car with the card that fell under by bed.


Fireworks

(another borrowed post idea)
I have a 4 day weekend! Don't have those too often. One would think I would've made great plans, but nope. I had a b'ness trip cancelled that was planned for this week, so now I will be listening to fireworks from my deck.

I had a flashback to when I purchased some firecracker things when I was in Cali. My roommate watched me act a fool in the driveway. Forgetting how extremely dry everything is in the summer time, I set my front yard on fire!!! Stomping the flames was not effective, it was spreading to quickly. In 20 seconds, it was approaching my neighbor's bushes & fence. As I continued my useless stomping action, my roommate approached and made good use of the water hose. Not much to the story, but it was my most memorable 4th of July


Memories


Speaking of memories, my boy sent me a DVD from 2 summer trips, back in 1999 and 2000. Wow, I was a fool, always drunk, always having fun, and I looked extremely young. But I keep thinking to myself, I wasn't young. It's the exact same me now, just with a lot more hair. And I don't drink as much. And I don't party as much. And I don't try to be a playboy anymore. And I haven't kicked it with my boys like that since.... um.... OK. I am getting older. I guess, as much as I deny it, I'm not the same as I was 5+ years ago. :-|


BET Awards Show


Did you guys watch the awards show? I enjoyed it. Favorite part: Stevie Wonder doing a choreographed dance at the end. First of all, Stevie is FAT!!!! Hit a stationary bike or something. Anyways, he broke it down. Started with the 2 step, and ended with brushing the dirt off his shoulders into his Cool G pose. Loved it.

Of course, my other favorite part was the lap dances Destiny's Child gave. Suggestion, next time pick men that are NOT married.

The most ghetto part of the show: Not a sinlge award winner was present if they weren't also performing (exception is Glady's Knight).

5 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Blogger AMES said...

Destiny Child was also my favorite part. Beyonce chose the man I would have chosen. His expression during her dancing on him was priceless.

As for picking the married man I was focusing on why she picked the man she knows has a disease. She'll make him hard and then Cookie will be left to beat him off. (is that a pun?)

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Don Tate II said...

First of all, if you're the type of guy who wouldnt notice $2,000 missing from your account, you're the kind of guy who makes too much money. Maybe you'd considering sharing some of that uncared about cash with your bloggin buddies. I'd surly give you my account info. lol.

Second, I haven't messed with fireworks since I practically burnt my thumb off with a sparkler...as an adult.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Jez Chill said...

OK, maybe i exaggerated a little bit with the $2000. If it's over $1,000, I'll probaly notice. I hope.

 
At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO @ you set your front yard on fire! WHOA!

Destiny Child's lapdances: see blog

Michael Ealy @ the awards: WOW!!! LOVE HIM!

COLEY: they'll show the awards a million times!

 
At 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

forgot this
CONGRATS FOR POSTING TWICE IN A WEEK!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home