Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Bad Service

OK, I finally found some time to post. What's been going on with me lately?

Well, I met up with Call2Arms along with another friend who also left Atlanta for Cali, only to return. The band at the Jazz Loft, 201 Courtland, was tight. They definitely jammin. We were wondering why no one served us any drinks. It was only... 10:30, on a Thursday night. Hmmm, maybe cause we were black! Nah... everyone else was black too. Maybe... because we were late? An hour later, it was obvious that they didn't want to serve drinks since the band would finish at any time. Guess the place closes down when the band finishes, I don't know. Seems to me, they would stay open & serve drinks. Then again.... you know how your people are! There's probably so much movement when the show is over, the waiters sometimes get stiffed with the checks. I don't know, but it annoyed me.

So we went to Cafe Intermezzo. Very cool chill spot. But why everytime I go there, I get the gay waiter? Why couldn't he talk like an ordinary man? (I know, I'm homophobic, deal with it!) "Heeeeeyyyyyeeee, whaaaaat would you liiiiiiike to draaaaannk" It was all downhill from there. I figure, if I don't make eye-contact, the dining experience will be pleasant. Umm, no. The service was.... dramatic. Then I get my favorite Belevedre Martini. It's missing 2 olives. Blow the whistle, flow the flag, this is a drink infraction! I request 2 olives. You would expect the olives to be served on a saucer, right? How would you like it if someone was holding the lemon you requested for your water? So the guy that I was avoiding eye contact with returns with the olives on the toothpick, in his hand! He's holding the only exposed part of the toothpick, saying "Here you go." Umm, what am I supposed to do with that? Grab the bare olives with my hand? There's no plate to set it on. And his hands are holding the only exposed part of the olive! He lost his generous tip right there.


Initiative


I can't blog because I'm in meetings and running around like crazy all day at work. I must be one of those fools who think that I will get paid more if I work harder. Anyways, I return from a meeting to see my team in a meeting with my supervisor. At first, I'm thinking, "Here we go again, they having a meeting without me. How convenient!" So I crash the meeting, and request a TIVO replay. I'm told my supervisor is looking for someone to lead a project. Mind you, there are 6 people on my team, and I'm responsible for 80% of the team's accomplishments. A co-worker didn't believe me, so I sent him our weekly activity report which typically showed that all, or almost all of any note-worthy accomplishments occurred on my projects. So you would think that one of these guys would step up, and take advantage of their chance to shine. I've been doing a whole lot of shining. So I ask, "Has anyone volunteered to take the project?" My lead: "No, they are just asking questions". I say, "OK, I'll take it" Just like that, more visibility for me, more travels & frequent flyer miles.... WAIT A MINUTE!!! On second thought, maybe I should have asked some questions!!! I may have grabbed the project from hell that's doomed for disaster!


Our lovely gov'ment


Our wonderful government announced that the NEWSWEEK has done irreparable harm by erroneously reporting that the U.S. descrated the Quran. The following week, out wonder government announced that there has been substantiated reports of U.S. personell "splasing" the Quran with urine.

6 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Blogger AMES said...

It seemed like the majority of the servers were gay. Our waiter didn't deserve a tip cuz he tried to pass a Shirley Temple off as an Italian Soda, and acted icky when I pointed it out. That olive madness should have got us a discount.

Get your notice on at work. You'll make whatever it is a success. Hopefully they won't request you spend a month in the Mid East.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger B.E.G said...

Yeah okay...Newsweek did the harm, lets blame them. Idiots! I would have been quite upset about the drink thing.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Jez Chill said...

@C2A: Will do! Mid East? I would definitely turn that project down. Not to worry, I only work with allies of the U.S.

@Proactiff: I got me a new nickname, huh? Did I forget to mention that I'm thinking about going indoor rock climbing next weekend?

@Coley: C2A came out here. Would you believe I haven't stepped foot in the Bay Area since I moved away? Shame on me, huh?

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Don Tate II said...

Ok, I tend to fall on the right side of the political line in the sand, but Newsweek surly didn't do any more damage to the Quaran and the people who read the Quaran than the government who attacked the people who read the Quaran for appearantly no substantiated reasons.

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Jez Chill said...

Proactiff: I'll be sure to my adveenturous report after next weekend! It'll be my 1st time.

Silentbird: N.O. is no joke! I recall partying and going home wearing sunglasses.

Don Tate: Well, its about the same parallel that its acceptable (expected) for our black youth to kill other black youth. But let a white person kill a black, we're ready to riot!
[No, I'm not saying Black-on-Black crime is ok]

Edwige: Thanks!

Coley: I've been to L.A. & Tahoe (skiing) several times. 95% of my friends also left the Bay when the dot-com bubble busted, so I've lost my motivation to return.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Jez Chill said...

I will be sure to stay away picadickly @ Assley mall!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home