Friday, July 08, 2005

I'm Fakin'

Guess what? I got called back to be the ball player in Family Reunion!!! Mind you, I have no acting ability whatsoever. Then again, that didn't stop DMX. So I get this call, at 2:15 talking about we need you here to get fitted for your outfit by 3:30. I said I can be there by 5:30. That wasn't acceptable. It was, be there now, or they don't need me. Maybe that's why the wanna-be actors work in restaurants & stuff, so they have the ability to leave at a moment's notice. I have that ability, but just not willing to do it. Maybe it would be different if I worked downtown, but I was just not willing to drop the rest of my tasks for the day to attend a fitting for a role that they haven't even given me a contract for yet. Now if they told me I was going to makd $500 for a hard day's work, I'd be like, "Boss, I'm suddenly sick. Bye!" But I couldn't get any confirmation that the role was really mine, or what the compenstation was. So, in other words, its likely that I could have wasted my time to attend. But then again, it could've been my grand chance to blow up on the big screen! Get more roles! Get paid! Obviously, I'm just fakin, because if that's what I really wanted, I would be down there.


Bootleggin


You know what? I'm just going to have to that super uncool dork that that doesn't mind watching bootlegged movies on my computer. I can watch a half hour here & there, and end the week knowing that I watched a bad movie knowing that I didn't waste my money on it. *cough*cough*h.!.t.c.h*cough*cough


Hustle & Flow


Speaking of movies, I saw an advance screening of Hustle & Flow. No, I actually went to the theater to see it! It was enjoyable. So if you're looking for a flick to have a good laugh to, here you go. It has its slow parts, and nothing close to being the summer's best movie, but it's a good flick to see nonetheless. Why would parents bring their little kids to see this movie? No wonder these kids are messed up.


Bad Ass Kids


Speaking of kids, the 4th of July was a perfect opportunity to for bas assed kids of Atlanta to represent. If you know about Bankhead, then you know what I'm talking about. These idiots threw rocks & firecrackers at passing motorists on the highway. A teenager was successful at launching a bottle rocket inside the cab of a moving tanker truck filled with 7500 gallons of diesel fuel. Truck capsizes, fuel spills, kids are still playing with firecrackers. They proceeded to beat & rob the driver, and over 50 kids were jumping on top of the overturned trailer (with fuel leaking) when the cops arrived. Only in Atlanta. Here's the news article

6 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Blogger AMES said...

Those kids are horrible, they and their parents need to be chained, jailed and placed on a work crew. I know why folks are still singing songs to Dixie.

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was on vacation...
didn't hear shit about the outside world... and glad I didn't.

where can I download movies?

 
At 3:00 AM, Blogger B.E.G said...

Yet another reason not to have kids.

 
At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok..hi.um email me to give me a tutorial on movies for my comp....sitah is computer savey, but I've yet to move onto the DVD movie side..

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Jez Chill said...

Proactiff: I've wondered long & hard if I made the right decision, but I just wasn't going to just up & leave like that when I have work to do. I guess that shows where my priorities lie. Congrats on raising a future star!

Seems like a lot of people liked Hitch. Maybe I'm the only one who didn't. My theory: It's a chick flick.

B.E.G: No, that's a reason to be a good mother & don't raise some bad-assed kids!

Sorry, I'm not e-mailing anyone or going to publicly say how to do something which may be illegal. But, Google doesn't have a conscience. :-)

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger editor said...

Your blog is so cute!

he he...I dont know if you think that is a compliment, but it is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home