Monday, July 25, 2005

Hustle

Earlier, I mentioned that everyone in Atlanta has a hustle but me! Hear I am, turning down blockbuster movie roles. That's because the real hustle has to come to you! A website I maintain for a non-profit voluntarily has potentially sent some business my way. Now I have to front like I'm a professional web designer and get paid for it. I've done my internet reserach so I seem edumacated, downloaded a contract off the net to cover my behind, now it's time for ME to get my hustle on!

Oh, I forgot to mention, I also downloaded about 3 grand worth of software!!! Shhhh


Reminiscing


For whatever reason, my co-workers were talking about how we we had accidents when we first got our licenses, and how their kids are doing the same. Except for the time I fell asleep on in Silicon Valley's rush hour, my only accidents were after the first few months of getting my license when I was 16. They were both really stupid. I always saw my mother squeeze into parking spots. So as I'm taking her 1987 Lincoln Town Car for a grocery run, I try to squeeze into a parking spot. It didn't look wide enough, but that never stopped my Mom! So it surely wasn't going to stop me!!! I S-Q-U-E-E-Z-E into the spot... "I made it!!!" Then I looked into the review mirror, and I'm looking straight into the sky! I turned the radio down that i was blasting, get out, and take a look at the back of the car.

I had scratched the entire side of my mom's sparkling paint job on the other car's bumper. So much so, now both cars are kind of wedged up like a Tee-pee. SHIT!!! I get back in the car to get the cars separated. Now which way do I turn the wheels to get the cars away from each other? I didn't know. So I scratched my mom's sparkling paint job again, from wheel well, to wheel well! When I got home, I said to my mom, "Oh oh, better get Maaco!!!"

My other incident occurred when I was waving 'Hi' at a car that was passing by. I ignored the fact that I was approaching stopped traffic since someone I know saw me behind the wheel of my Dad's '82 Olds Ninty-Eight. *CRUNCH* What the... I look ahead, and I tapped the pick-up truckin front of me. I tried to back up, but the cars were stuck together! Police came. I called my dad, who walked over (I was that close to home). I tow truck had to be called in because crow bars and and every other method could not get the metal separated. The tow truck had to lift my car as high as possible, then it finally worked. My dad's car's grill just wrapped around the truck's bumper like foil. Front end was destroyed. Not a scratch on the truck. The car quickly became mine as Dad bought a new one.


Tree-B-Gone


As you know, I take pretty good care of my lawn & garden. So I have to confess today, that I have a dead tree in my backyard! Maybe it's because of those pesky Japanese Beetles, which keep returning by the way. Instead of going to the gym, I spent the weekend trying to dig it up so I can plant another one in its place. I dug up the dead trees in my front yard already, so I figured this should be an achievable project. *WRONG* My front trees never got rooted, so it was easy to pluck them up. This tree in the back has 2 years of roots. I'm digging, sawing, ripping roots left & right, and still can't get this damn tree out the ground. I probably shoud've taken some pictures. Maybe if it rains now, the clay will soften up and release it's grip.


Thanks


Thanks again for all the congrats on our engagement. I think they were spiking the drinks at happy hour, but 2 other guys also just got engaged. What are the odds? 3 engagements in 2 weeks? Apparently, it only works on the men. All you women who complain you can't find a man, just snag one at Dave & Busters on Friday, you'll get hitched up real quick!

6 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Blogger AMES said...

Movie/Webdesign? I think I'd prefer the movie. But get your hustle on.

Note to self: stay out of cars that Jezchill is driving/ don't drive near cars Jezchill is driving. Falling asleep in traffic?

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm....
D&B's? Really?
hmmm.....

Only accidents I were in were with parked cars, and I didn't stick around. *knockin on wood*

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Chops said...

Work that hustle Jez Chill!

My mom would've literally skinned me alive at the crime scene (and beat down anyone who tried to stop her) if I had wrecked not one, but TWO of her cars!!! You're one lucky brotha!

I was just at D & B for my b-day...I wouldnt even consider being seen with, let alone enter into an engagement with the guys who stepped. I rationalize that it (that Geckochill kinda love) wouldnt be as precious if it were that easy to find!

Be blessed both of you!

Chops~

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Jez Chill said...

C2A: Well, webdesign does not interrupt my very routine schedule. Don't worry, I'm an awesome driver now! CLICK HERE for proof, and Here's my award.

Miss A: Must be something about unpredictability of parked cars. You think?

MsThing: I make sure I leave when the ghetto folks come in looking to get their mack on.

Lambchop: True. Meeting someone over cheap drinks is a recipe for a cheap thrill. I leave w/ the rest of the after-work crowd when the ghetto folks come in to get their mack on.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger DatFuule said...

I disavow any advance knowledge or involvement in any downloading activities.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Don Tate II said...

Thats how I created my website. Downloaded somebodys source codding and swapped out the grapics...shhh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home