Saturday, October 09, 2004

The BMW "Zone" - My first blog!!!!

This is my first blog posting. Seems like I'm slow, behind the times. I was the last one to get a cell phone in Silicon Valley, of all places. I have a broadband internet connection and still don't download music. Its OK, I'll catch up with the masses soon.

Today's ramble has to do with my BMW Autocross experience. Exhilirating, I must say. I now know through experience why BMW calls the X3 a SAV (Sports Activity Vehicle) instead of an SUV. I took this SAV through hairpin turns at fast speeds, very aggressive braking & accelerating, wheels screeching & smoking, it was AWESOME!!! I was totally in the "zone", hugging all the corners, hitting the pedals at just the right moment.... There was a professional race driver in the passenger seat. I could have interpreted his commands as condescending; but since I was in the "Zone", his words were at one with my thoughts... "Bank the outside, mash the brakes. hug the inside, let loose on the gas (he was from England)..." The instructor must have realized my driving skills cause after every had 2 chances at driving like Dale Earnhardt, he compared notes with the other instructors and selected me as the best driver in the group!!!! I received a BMW award that read "Best Performance". Check it out! Now all I need is the car to go along with it....

You may be wondering how I found this "zone". If you're not, I'm going to tell you anyways. Believe it or not, its from years of learning & practicing on..... my PS2!!! Yep. Believe it or not, Gran Turismo 3 is the most realistic racing game possible. There's a new one out that's probably just sick! I also checked out several other BMW models, took 'em for a test drive. They all easily accelerate to over 100+ mph! Don't ask how I know. One thing I learned: It's not cool to drive a Z4 with the top down when your head full of locs are slapping you upside the head like bitch!!! It hurts!!! Maybe one day, they'll be a 5 Series in my garage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home