Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Burnt Up

I'm back from another trip. The lovely... Miami, Florida. Aside from the summer rains, you just can't go wrong in Miami. I take that back. Things can get bad if you let your sun screen wash off in the ocean like I did! I'm pretty burnt up. I guess the sunscreen is for folks who won't get into the water. For the next trip, I'll definitely be packing the waterproof version


Damn Media


I was saddened to hear about the death of John Johnson, the founder of Ebony & Jet. But I was frustrated when I read about it on CNN.com. I thought the media spouted facts. Since the company has been around for 6 decades, there should be plenty of facts to go around. But instead, the article kept saying "According to the website, it's #1 at this...", "According to the website, it's #1 at that...", "According to the website..." It's nice that the article was postive, but I would have appreciated reading facts about him & the company, not the website's statements. I'm not surprised at all, guess I'll have to read Jet to get the scoop.


Filthy Ride


You know it's time to wash your car when you can't even recognize it in the parking lot! After my vacation, I forgot that my car was still filthy from last weekend's road trip. So here I am, leaving the work parking lot, looking for my car. I don't see it! I'm looking for some glistening chrome rims, don't see none. Looking for sparkling white car, nothing. So I'm standing around, doing circles, then it dawned on me. That grayish looking car right there in front of me with the charcoal looking rims is my ride. "NOooooo" This isn't me. I have to find soem time to wash my car.


Web Skillz


I just downloaded the tutorial for Ad.ob.e Dre.amwe.aver, get ready... I'm about to learn how to create some stunning web pages! Flash animation.... it's on now! :-) So I'm putting it out there so you can call me out if I don't show something impressive in say... 6 months.

7 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Blogger Don Tate II said...

Burnt: I learned my lesson on my first cruise 10 years ago: black folk do sunburn. And I did, and I turned red, and I hurt, and I peeled.

Media: I agree about more research. As a person who lives in a newsroom, I know that sometimes for news organizations to be the first to report a story, they don't always dig deep enough, at least initially.

Web skills: I've dabbled a bit with Dreamweaver and Flash. Flash about broke a brothas will. Drawing; easy. Animation; easy. Programming, grrrrr. Why spelled, Ad.ob.e Dre.amwe.aver?

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Jez Chill said...

So the internet cops won't suspect me obtaining any product through unauthorized means. I wish I knew who these people are that find my blog doing web searches.

 
At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SUNSCREEN: You have to reapply every two hours... waterproof or not... aloe will help with the burning sensation (on your skin)

Glad to know you enjoyed your trip regardless

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Liza Valentino said...

lmao@ your dirty car. That, my friend, is the reason I never want a white car. They look good as hell when they are clean, but dirt sticks to them like MADD.

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger C.R.C. said...

Awwww snap! Look out Bloggers! Jez Chill got Dreamweaver. lol!

I'm cracking up @ your car :)

 
At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun in Miami, sucks that you got sun burned though! I've never been to Miami, but I really want to go someday!!!

LOL @ your dirty ass car! I can definitely relate!!!

Oh and you need to update your links... Me and Brown Shuga moved!

 
At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

UM Hi...when will you be ready for your tutorial on dreamweaver...this might be a case of me being VERY pressumptious, but I'm risking it..lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home