Monday, August 15, 2005

Barbershop

Did you watch Showtime's new series, Barbershop? Same folks that made the movie. The show was pretty funny, but it's no where near Soul Food. The scenarios were not realisitic, questionable acting, and excessive cursing. Calvin (the owner) is the only REAL character. Everyone over exaggerates their role to the point you can't relate the characters the way you could in the movies. Maybe you have to do this to make a half hour show funny.


Gnats


I was welcomed this morning to my half a cup a tea that I didn't empty out before I left for the weekend. So several knats are flying around my desk, welcoming me this morning. And despite cleaning out my cup, the damn knats are slow to leave!


Gas


You know how gas stations post the price of regular, plus, and premium gas... in that order? Well, I only look at the premium, since that's what I use. So I'm searching for the cheapest gas around, looking @ the 3rd number, and I find it! $2.60, at Marathon. When my gas tank filled up at $40, I was about throw a fit! I looked at the gauge... $2.829/gallon. WTF?!?! No wonder this gas station was empty. I looked back up at the sign. In small print, the prices list were: Regular, Plus, Diesel. DAMMIT!

11 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel you on the "knats"... but my problem is those fruitfly looking insects! How the hadeez do u get rid of them? AND QUICKLY?

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Jez Chill said...

Maybe that's why they have posted everywhere to bag & knot tie all of our food trash.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Cole Wynter said...

Check out www.gasbuddy.com. It tracks the gas prices across the country so you can find the lowest in your area. Now that gas is almost $3/gallon here in Cali it will be coming in handy.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger AMES said...

LOL. I would cheer if I saw Premium gas at $1.82. I think I paid $2.91 at Costco for the 91 grade. Although I filled up from near E and it was only $35.

Any gas with a 1 in front of the number would feel free to me.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Jez Chill said...

Sorry, I had a typo in the gas price. :-|

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger AMES said...

Okay, well I would still cheer to see gas with 1 in front, but you guys are near equal with Ca. We used to be the highest in the nation.

Now I won't feel so abused when I go to the pump.

 
At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

EEWWW I hate them bugs...
I feel ya on the damn gas prices!!!
and I don't get showtime, only HBO so I guess I won't be watching that show...

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Brotha Buck said...

Im one of those people who pumps $5.00-$10 at a time. Not particularly because I'm cheap, but because its just a habit I haven't broken from my college days. So I remember the time I pumped a whopping $10 at an unheard of station who charged half-price prices. I had a problem when I found out I owed $20. $5.00 isn't getting a brotha very far these days.

*blogger formerly known as Devas*

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger desertrose said...

try crossing the $3 mark for over here in lovely southern cali :(

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Jez Chill said...

Gas that starts with a $1 is a story we'll tell our grand kids, which they won't believe. I remember when my parents were throwing a fit when gas jumped over $1!!!

I see folks all the time just pump $5, or $10 into their car. I can't comprehend, I'd be at the gas station every other day. I'd be broke just from buying lottery tickets everytime... unless I win.

GA is slowly catching up to y'all in Cali... unfortunately.

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger NeenaLove said...

hated the show barbershop. it's just as you said... OVER EXAGGERATED!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home