Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Real Men Play Rugby

There's not too much TV watching past CNN in an European hotel. A previous trip entertained me with MTV, but not this time. So I had to satisfy my bad habits by watching a Rugby match on 'Mute'.


I've never watched a Rugby game before, but I made several obersavations:

  1. It's like football, but no pads

  2. The ball runner has NO blockers

  3. Rugby players make NFL players look like pansies!

  4. There are no breaks in between plays

  5. It's like soccer, they just keep running & running

  6. There are no time outs

  7. Extra points are hard!

  8. It's non-stop action, never boring

  9. And the kick spot moves around

  10. Players play both offense & defense

  11. Did I mention they don't wear pads?

  12. Real Men Play Rugby

But the NFL has cheerleaders, so I'll stick with them.
GO BROWNS


Real Men are not French


I had a new level of respect after watching the Rugby games, but I lost it as soon I stepped onto the Paris streets. I don't know where their sense of stlye came from, but I'm certainly not feeling it. Thugs wearing tight-ass longsleeved shirts out in the street make them look like sissy-boys. I'm not talking about the Under Armour or other workout, exercise gear. Just, tight-assed shirts. Then there's the professional looking folks, dressed nicely, with a scarf wrapped a couple times around the neck. It's hard to respect any man that wears a silk scarf as a fashionable item like a necktie. To stay warm, I can understand that. Indoors, you look like a sissy-boy.


I won't say any more, in case I encounter a French Rugby player.

8 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Blogger Honest said...

You should see the type of shoes the men in Armenia wear...way too girly. Pointy toed and all. Yuck.

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger i like liquor and tv said...

heeelarious. Shirts so tight you can see their nipples. And I never understood dudes that wear fashion scarves.

You'll NEVER catch me hollarin at a dude wearing a tight shirt and straight legged Wayne Brady pants...neva.

 
At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. Why did a man from, I think Armenia, (we were in D.C at the CBC) tell me that the French are having population problems because so many of their men are gay. He said the French women are trying to get African men to marry and have children with.

I have no idea how this subject arose but a fight almost began because Paul Robesons son had a white/Jewish wife who said something crazy to Cynthia McKinney's father and issues of race popped up.

 
At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I play rugby and I've played football too. I'd have to say that you get hit a lot harder in football but it's more painful to get hit in rugby. It's really fun to get a good hit in rugby and break someone's ribs but it doesn't compare to that cracking sound shoulder pads make.

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my college created a rugby team before I left... never got to see them play... but I heard all about how rough the game is... I agree with you: "Real men play rugby"

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Rose said...

I have heard that this is a rough sport...but I know nothing about this.

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Brotha Buck said...

A silk tie as a fashion accessory, on a guy. Lol! Wonder how my Easter shirt would have fitted in.

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger ManNMotion said...

Real men participate in mixed martial arts. See www.pridefc.com and Emilianenko Fedor for more details.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home