Thursday, March 30, 2006

Off to Europe!

In my continuous quest to ski (& see) the world, I'm off to ski St. Moritz in Switzerland, and see Paris. . Miss Geckogirl is accompanying me, so it should be a real fun AND romantic trip. The threat of a pilot's strike at Delta and the student protests in Paris have me concerned.


Seems like skiing in Europe never comes at the most ideal time. The last time I travelled to ski in Italy, we were paralized in fear right after 9/11. We were kindly greated in Venice with graffiti on walls saying, "The USA & the UN Are Terrorists."


Since I worked on nuclear missiles at the time, I was cautious about revealing my profession. Whenever I travel (or ski), that's the first thing Caucasians ask me, "So what do you do for a living?" or "How can you afford these trips?". Um... "I work and save my money, you idiot!" No, I don't say that, but that's certainly what I'm always thinking.


My plan on being discrete failed when I at this cafe. I sat next to an American couple that was living in Italy. Come to find out, they were very familiar with where I lived, and the companies in the area. So when I refused to give a clear answer on what I did (I didn't want to lie), they quickly figured out where I worked. Thankfully, they weren't spies and didn't try to kidnap me.


Sloppy Neighbors


As you may know from my previous posts, I take much pride in my yard & garden. Although it does seem that my upgrades have rubbed on my neighbors since they stepped up their landscaping to compete with mine, it seems like most neighbors are in competition to see who can have the most hideous looking yard! I just can't understand how folks can own a home, and not care about what it looks like. I really care now, since I'm trying to sell my home this year, but even if I didn't, my neighborhood looks ridiculous. My neighbor is now a realtor (who isn't nowadays?), so you would think at least he would understand the value of a well maintained yard. If he doesn't plant some grass in his back yard by the time I return from Europe, I will go out there with my own seeds and do it my own self! Of course, I'd have to get that cheap brand so his lawn won't look better than mine, but I gotta do something!

5 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger Honest said...

Have a great trip! Can't wait to see all the cool pictures.

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Honest said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ss Have fun skiing!!

I knew a lady who was preparing to sell her home. She began organizing a neighborhood improvement project. She invited her neighbors to her house for teas and such and slowly got them to agree to beautify.

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger Rose said...

That's sounds like so much fun. You guys are so adventuresome.

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Jez Chill said...

Thanks! We're really enjoying Switzerland right now. Even took a day trip to Bellagio, Italy. We're worried t hough from watching the news. We head to Paris tomorrow, and the french are still acting like fools! And we hope Delta doesn't go on strike!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home