Monday, February 13, 2006

Am I Dreaming

I know I was trippin' this morning when I woke up & saw snow on the ground, I was ready to put on my ski gear and hit the slopes! Must've been all the Olympics I've been watching. I arrived into work early, instead of my usual tardiness, and took advantage of the weather by wearing my Triple Fat Goose Cleveland Browns coat. Yeah, everyone looked at me like I was crazy or lost, and the Steeler's fans had plenty of jokes for me, but I was proud in Brown and Orange. Go Browns! And I'll delay my ski adventure until the following weekend, when I head up to N.C.


The Man Under The Man


The company had production crews over here today taking video of my lead, as if he's some superstar. Well, maybe he is. He's up for the Engineer of the Year award for my program. That's great recognition... except for the fact that it's an individual award, and not a team. I'm not trying hate, or rain on his parade. But the fact is, he wouldn't be so great if it wasn't for work of his team! For example, I'm the one who travels so he can attend his son's wrestling matches. I'm the one who finds problems & fixes them. I'm the one he comes to get important tasks done. OK, these are probably reasosn why he is pushing to get me promoted. But it's not just me, there's 5 others that contribute as well. All the lead does is delegate, and perform a few urgent projects that everyone is too busy to work on. So for someone who does little, to get a big award, rubs me the wrong way. Do I have a reason to be irked, or am I trippin'?


It's That Day Again


This is the day I used to run from. As a single guy, nothing good ever came out of Valentine's Day. It was always about material things. And no matter what, it never seemed to be enough. Pressure was too great to be Mr. Romantic when I haven't found Mrs. Right. I'm happy to share the holiday this year with Mrs. Right, and wish everyone out there Happy Valentine's Day. I thought this picture was perfect! No matter how big, ugly, and wrinkled up you are, everyone's lovable!

6 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Blogger Rainmayun said...

if he get's recognized as engineer of the year because of the way he develops and grows his staff, then you are trippin. but either way he ought to at least acknowledge you all in his acceptance speech!

 
At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your interpretation of that pic is lovely.

Today as I ran errands, and wished I had a shirt to put over my legs which were being burned by the sun, then during my discussion with my mom on how hot it was in L.A. and the Bay, and as I made a quick trip tonight in 71 degree temp, I realized other folks are having winter. Thank goodness I'm not.

When I think of your co-worker, my thought goes to Kobe. Should his team mates get some recognition when he scores 81 points in a game? They are the ones that ALWAYS give him the ball.

 
At 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how lucky you are to find the right person already :)

happy v-day, man

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Brotha Buck said...

Man, I know what you mean. In my field, graphic art, my bosses are always getting awards simply because they are the boss. Nevermind that I did the research, the graphics, the illustrations and the layout. The boss gets the award because he assigned me the project. Backwards world. And I have yet to receive an award specifically to me.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

Hey man, where in the ATL? Im in the atl also

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

I ain't gonna bust your balls on the Mrs. Right comment...EVEN THO...lol (yea, I'm bitter, so what!..lol)
Hope you two had a good day...and many more too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home