Monday, November 28, 2005

Coincidence?

Last year, I went to hometown of Cleveland during Christmas. The weather was fine before & after, but when I arrived, records were broken on the amount of snow that fell that week. This year, I go home for Thanksgiving, and they break the record for the low temperature for that day. It was 12 Degrees. Now that I left, the high today is 69 degrees. Coincidence?

To make it worse, I expected to enjoy watching Cavs continue their winning ways. They had one 8 straight, among to top records in the leage. I watched them twice, and they lost both of them. I'm used to the Browns losing, but was hoping for some shining sports moment while I was at home, but they got creamed.

My parents were laughing at me because I thought their thermometer was broken. It measures the outside temperature wirelessly. It's Friday, the sun is out, and the temperature thing reads 16 degrees! This is the gift I gave them last year, so I felt bad when I thought it wasn't accurate. But sure enough, it was cold as a witch's britches outside!


Memories


Since I'm now about to share my house, I started going through some of my boxes of stuff to see what I can toss. Oh, the memories I found! Letters from ex's, Stuff from my 1st job, ticket stubbs from the '96 Olympics, my prized Bell Biv Devoe Poison caseette tape. OK, I confess, I kept all of those things, but through the letters away.

I felt like I shouldn't have thrown away my ever popular Casio calculator watch. But they aren't cool anymore, so it goes. I wonder if anyone want my poor man's computer, I think they called it a word processor. It doubles as an electronic type writer. I'll donate it instead of trashing it. But after looking at the many floppy diskettes, I was filled many more memories. It's no fun deciding which memories to throw away, and which to keep.

7 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, Blogger Brotha Buck said...

Now whats a blip is going through the wifes boxes full of old boy friend letters, and pictures and stuff, and she had the nerve to box that stuff and move it half way across the country when we moved to Texas.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger ManNMotion said...

Dude, it isn't you, the weather in Cleveland is always bad. I've been there about 10 times and it's either been freezing, snowing, or in the middle of a heat wave with people falling out on the sidewalk.

@Buck, you need to step up and BURN that stuff...and let her see the flames.

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Cynthia said...

The temp in Chicago dropped 30 degrees in one day. I hate when that happens..

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger proacTiff said...

So you're obviously not a fan of eBay because that is where those "classic" things you mention would be ready to meet their auction-maker if it were me. I had the po' man computer back in the day. Typed many-a-term-paper on that bad boy. Oh, the memories of losing unsaved papers *shudders* the night before they were due. Glad you tossed the letters. Poor Buck. He better get to writing his wife some love letters and less blogging. Wonder why she kept those...

Signed,

bad omen when visiting Cleveland *LOL*.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger princessdominique said...

I say toss the ex letters and put the word processor on Ebay! Collectors love that stuff.

 
At 2:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dunno... i never toss any letters, even the ones from my ex.... 'cuz they all are part of my past. they are my memory. they make me who i am now. and they're priceless... i'm not gonna read 'em again, orr... i might read them again... when i'm 75 :D

btw, it might be a good idea to transfer those files in the floppy to CD since floopy won't be used anymore :)

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Rose said...

I am sentimental, so I would keep the letters. It is 28 degrees here today and that is super cold to me....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home