Monday, October 10, 2005

Movie Star!!!

OK, I'm made my first move towards obtaining a gold Star engraved on Peachtree Street. Have you seen The Gospel yet? Don't feel bad, neither have I. But I'm getting a bunch of messages from folks who saw me in it. I'm in two church scenes! I'm wearing a Navy Blue Polo Shirt, dude w/ the locs I didn't think anyone would see me. But apparently, the camera stopped & focused on me while I was "acting" out my grand performance of pretending to enjoy the director's antics, clapping to the CD, and pretending I wasn't exhausted from sitting in a church at 1 AM for a 10 min scene that we repeated about 50 times.

As I blogged about earlier, a couple of times, I have dabbled with getting my movie hustle on. And I had a great opportunity to appear in more scenes and get speaking roles, but I decided the opportunit just wasn't worth it. So instead, I'm going to enjoy my 15 seconds of fame! I wonder if my name appeared in the credits. Doubt it. But anyways, go check out the movie. I'm in the church scene in the beginning when little Boris Kodjoe was singing, and near the end when big ##### enters the church. (I don't want to ruin the movie).

I'll be on the Walk of Fame on Peachtree Street signing autographs at noon tomorrow, right after the Star dedication ceremony.



Old School Hoops


We just won our first game in the basketball church league! Whoo-hooo! We nearly doubled the opponents score. That's a good sign. Playoffs, here we come. But *ouch* my body is just not springing like it used to. Can't jump like I used to. *Ugh* I just read an article in my Men's Health magazine, and it said that shoes should be replaced after 200 miles. I think I've put about 300 on mine. My heels are killing me!

I bought my kicks to play ball last year, but it didn't happen. So I figure I'll just wear them this year. But they make me feel like I'm jumping on a pogo stick with no spring! New shoes, a must, gotta get. So here I am walking into work today in my dressy shoes, with sore heels. This means I'm more comfortable walking on my toes. Dilemma: Walk on my toes & look like some fruit cake, or suffer in pain walking like a man. Well, this is no dilemma, not question. I'm walking around all day, gingely as possile, knowing my insticts is to walk on my toes to spare me the pain.


Broken Glass


So I headed off to the public library for a meeting, pull into a nice lil spot, and everything seems all good. When I return, I seen shattered glass everywhere at my driver's door. "AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" (That's a yell, not a scream) Heart starts beating at 300 beats per minute. I walk slowly up to my car... and it's not my window. "Whoa". The car next to mine is gone. There was no car there, & no glass when I pulled into the spot.

So today, I rolling down the street & see a auto store with an eye-catching sign on the store front: "HOT CARS WANTED". I wonder if the car from the library is over there.

10 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Blogger Brotha Buck said...

I think I may have said before that my wife thinks blogging, bloggers and anything having to do with this stuff is wierd. So, now I'm gonna really spook her out when we go to see "The Gospel" and I tell her that JezChill, one of my blogging cohorts is in an opening scene. I can just see the look she's gonna give me.

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very exciting stuff.

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Jez Chill said...

@Brutha Buck: Your wife is right, we are all very weird. Note my motto to the right about Normal people.

@Edwige: Don't get kicked out the theater because of me!

@Proactiff: There were several movies taped in Atlanta this past year. Much less competition here than Hollywood. Maybe they should call it Ghottowood here (Since Bollywood is already taken).

@Everyone: Thanks!

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

If i check it out, I will definitely be looking for you in it. Pretty cool.

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger princessdominique said...

Awesome that you were in the movie. I've got to see it.

 
At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were in the Gospel! Ok, excuse me while I count my six degrees...

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger C.R.C. said...

Wuuut! I can say that I've blogged with a Movie Star! *popping collar*

I'm supposed to be going to see that with my church this Saturday so I'll definitely be scanning the screen for you :)

 
At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was already excited about seeing this movie! NOW I got MORE reason to go see it sooner than I had planned!!!

*applauding*@your 15 mins of fame...

Sometimes that's all one needs to get to the big times!

 
At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay I saw you in three scenes. 2 were on the same day, the 3rd was another. Did they scan you in? Because you had the same shirt on.

Am I tripping?

They made that movie quick, because didn't you just go down there this summer?

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Jez Chill said...

@C2A: A couple of scenes were taped on the same day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home