Friday, September 30, 2005

Almost forgot...

Whoa, it's Friday already, and I haven't blogged this week. My bad... got caught up this thing called Life.



Significance


Speaking of "life", let me tell you about my mine. Where ever I go, I want to make so much of an impact on my environment, that I will be missed when I'm gone. Leave the spot better than it was before so that I am appreciated. Fill folks around me with happy memories so when they think about me, they smile. That's me.

If a tree fell in the forest, and no one heard it fall, did it actually ever fall? If I ever fall, I 'm going to create an earthquake big enough for for folks across the way to take notice! And when I rise, I I'll be doing so with my hands down, pulling my folks up with me.

I was just thinking about the old days. Days when the Sophie's promotor, Michael, was calling me up on the phone to bring a couple hundred folks out to his next gig. Thinking about how I helped grow the ski club I joined. Thinking about how I started the Oakland chapter of NSBE. Was disappointed if fell after I left. Thinking of how my house parties got too big for my house, then too big for my boy's house, and my other boy's house. Thinking about how I invited 800 folks to my CA going away party. Evite gave me special permission to invite that many people. Thinking about friends I have kept for over a decade. Thinking about about how great life as been.

But it's like the stock market. Past performance is no guarantee of future performance. But I glanced into my future, and it looks bright. Instead of a club, I may be throwing a party for two, and I'll be just as satisfied. Thinking about how I'm going to be the big man on top at job. Thinking about a little jez will make me the proudest dad one day. Thinking about how my future castle will be gem of the neighborhood. Thinking of how I will be the greatest husband ever.

You know, I've been real busy. Didn't have much to say, but I've been thinking.

11 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post is touching. Purpose. Do the thang. It's great to make a mark and leave it better than when you came.

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Brotha Buck said...

Some deep thoughts there, but I think you are on the right track. My best for you and your new family.

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger brooklyn babe said...

800 people, and BK Babe wasn't there... you screwed up dude. That evite should of been 801. *wink*
cool thoughts of sharing...peace

 
At 3:00 AM, Blogger C.R.C. said...

*tear*

This was such a nice post J! I can tell you're gonna leave your mark. Do your thing...I wish you nothing but happiness! :)

 
At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww...
him's life is changing! Isn't it amazing how you are able to do all the things you love with a special female? Could let the rest of the ignoramus men out there in on your lil secret please?

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Liza Valentino said...

We need more people like you, who will uplift others when their time comes.

The Artist Formerly Known As Soulfularies...

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Jez Chill said...

@ Everyone: Thanks for all your supportive remarks.

 
At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to be like you when I grow up... *sigh* this was a really cool post... =)))

 
At 1:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post!!!! I'm thinking that your future looks pretty bright too! And WHAT?!? 800 people at a Cali party and I wasn't invited ? Just messin!

Take care!

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger chase said...

You may have figured out the secret to life....leave things better as you pass through. The cycles of life, you are not who you were at twenty and are not who you will be at 50. your ability to change is remarkable in a day and age when many like to think like kids their whole life. Good luck with all...you're on the right track. :::smile:::

 
At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto some of the others.

Great post! Very "feel-good". Your positive energy is catchy.

This is my first time here, and I will definitely be back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home