Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Paintball Fun

This past weekend, I continued on my never-ending quest to partake in adventurous activities. Violating all of the "Black folks don't that" rules. I organized a paintball event, and over 30 folks showed up! Everyone had a great time. Men, Women, teens, kids, it was all good.

Of course, crazy stuff like this is what I do. But it felt good talking to the grown adults and teens who are new to it, and seeing how much fun they had. For them, their fun boundaries were just knocked down, as they enjoyed themselves in ways they only heard about. After telling about other activities I do that's just as fun, I could see one of my missions was accomplished. Now others realized that they too can do more than just club & go to the movies!!! LOL


Hoop Dreams


My church basketball league has ended. We made it to the semi-finals! It was great seeing my fiancee' supporting me at the game. Unfortunately, we lost. But I did have another moment of greatness. It was almost the exact same thing that happend a couple weeks ago. Dude set up for a 3, thought it was going to be a swish... but here I come, 20 feet in the air, I smack his shot into the stands! In unison, the whole gym goes "OOOoohhhhh" I didn't shine in too many other areas I guess, cause we lost. Maybe this will mean no more bruises & sore muscles for a while.


Olympic Dreams


Shhhh, don't tell anyone, but I may get to ski with the U.S. Ski Team while they train this summer!! It will be after the Olympics, but still very cool, nontheless. I just have to figure out how to squeeze in all these trips on my work calendar.

5 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like fun and it's even nicer that you introduce new activities to the sheltered peeps.

Good luck with the Olympic ski adventure. Have fun.

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger DatFuule said...

Sounds like some pretty cool adventuring. That's hot. I miss some of the more outdoorsy stuff I used to do in Cali... rafting, skiing, etc.

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger African girl, American world said...

Congratulations! Thanks for visiting my blog!

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Brotha Buck said...

Dang, how you get such an exciting life, and all I do is work?

 
At 2:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow... that sounds really cool!... good luck with the olympic ski

 

Post a Comment

<< Home