Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Ultimate Rims


I've thought I've seen it all. But not until I saw this! A set of rims worth a Million Dollars! I'm sure P. Diddy will come out with some rims to top it. 50 Cents will probably be the fool who would buy it. Of all the things I can think of doing with 1,000 Carats of diamonds, putting them on the road won't even make the list. If I do see fiddy rolling in these mil dubs, I will be right behind him... just waiting for one of those jewels to pop out. Then I'll buy me a new car with it!


What does an Engineer Look Like?


So I spent the weekend up in North Carolina. Asheville, to be exact. I didn't find anything noteworthy to report about this town. Although I did engage in a conversation that just rubbed me the wrong way. I'm talking to some retired folks about about my ski excursions, which have taken me all over the country, Canada, Italy, and soon to be added, Switzerland. Oh, & Chile too if I can miraculous find some another week of vacation time. So I'm talking to retired folks, and they ask me what I do. I say, I'm an engineer. They reply, "Well, you don't seem like an engineer."

If was talking to one of my peers, I would understand what was meant, since I'm not an anti-social geek. Well, I'm at least not anti-social. :-) But when I'm talking to some Caucasians that are 60+, I think they mean something else. So I ask, "What do you mean?" I didn't get a good reply. The only thing going through my mind is, what type of job did they think I would have since they know I travel a lot for fun? If I said I sold crack, rapped, or played in the NBA, would that have met their expectations?


Fantasies can come true


You probably heard the story about the Carolina Panthers cheerleaders, right? If not, you can read about it here. I was just thinking of all the craziness in beer commercials skin flicks, these scenarios would never come true. But fantasy sometimes reflects reality. Somewhere, in a bar in Tampa, a guy was daydreaming earlier while watching the NFL cheerleaders.... what if... two of the cheerleaders just started making out... not realizing... it going on right in the back of the bar!

7 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope those aren't conflict diamonds. Losing an arm so someone can have a sparkly tire leaves me speechless.

I'm stumped on what the white folks expect an engineer to be like.

As for crazy comments white say when skiing, in Aspen my elderly ski instructor asked where I was from, when he heard, he said "you won't hear any gunshots up here." Then he asked about Hammer and MoonBeam our mayor. Then he gave me a great lesson.

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger Rose said...

That's one car with rims I would follow.....you are right..finding one of those diamonds would buy me anew car...but it sad that folks expect the music folks to buy stuff like that--that is so stupid..

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Brotha Buck said...

That's so funny. Just today I had lunch with an artist who asked me out to lunch after seeing my website. He was impressed with my work, and I don't know why, but I have pictures of myself there, but he was shocked that I was black. Lol.But on a funnier note, you don't look like an engineer. I saw you ski pic. Black engineers look like the son on the TV show the Jefferson's. lol!

 
At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Asheville: I love the NC mountains. It's my retreat every summer and I try every Fall. It's peaceful and relaxing to visit there. I would never live up there though. Too many hippies.

The Rims: I'd wait till the mofo who bought the things gets out the car, then I'd have someone jack one of the jewels off the rim.

The Cheerleaders: I read all about it. I can't believe the results... Men... swear ya'll wanna see two females gettin' it on... then ya turn around to give 'em hell.
The girls prolly denied his ass.

 
At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*smh* at the retired couple...

You make skiing sound like so much fun. My husband's family has a 2nd home on a ski resort in New Hamshire. I've traveled there with him before, but I'm never courageous enough to hit the slopes :-/.

 
At 1:49 AM, Blogger ManNMotion said...

From one engineer to another, you really don't look like an engineer. You don't look like a rapper, a crack dealer, an NBA player, or a skier either. You do look like a blogger, though I would never walk up and accuse you of such, and I hear you have a nice lawn.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger courtney said...

I'm thinking about getting some new rims for my car. I just wish I knew what a "competitive" price was...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home