Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Drive Thrus

Is it just me? Or is it obvious that these drive thru windows are out to play tricks on everyone? You know what I'm talking about, just before you order your number 3 combo when you get to the speaker, you hear some silly girl's voice that says, "Welcome to the joint, would you like to try our special today?" No big deal, right? Then Why after you say "No" and make your order, an entirely different voice comes on?!?!

Yeah, yeah, I know it's a pre-recorded voice that greets you. But why? I'm serious, the voice changes freaks me out every time! Is it too much for the kid to greet me politely? It's not like it's a professional sounding voice that's recorded either. All I'm saying, is that I should only hear ONE voice instead of playing with my mind.

And another thing! Why is everyone so damn cheap with the Ketchup? Did the price of ketchup go up? I'm sorry, 2 lil packets is net enough for my large fries. I want to go back to the old days when they gave you a handful every time. Nowadays, if you forget to ask for the ketchup, you're stuck with some dry-ass potatoes. And instead of asking if you want some ketchup, they give you your bag then go hide behind the closed window. That means you have to knock on the window or blow your horn... just to get some ketchup! What the hell?

OK, I admit it, I have some issues when I go to the Drive-Thrus.


Keyword Search


I was looking for another topic to ramble on, so I picked one of the crazy search topics people use to find my blog. So today, someone did a search on "Cleveland Cavs Cheerleaders". I've never talked about them, but I will talk about about myself. I'm a huge Cleveland Cavs (& Browns) Cheerleader! So this year, I'm warning everyone out there that the Cavs will be a major contender for the Easter Confernce championship this year. Of course, Lebron James will lead the way. In fact, he was just named the NBA Player of the Week, again! 4th time winning it, and he's only been in the league for 2.5 yrs. This concludes my cheerleader report.


Gobble-Gobble


I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! I'm off to see my folks up in Cleveland. BRRrrrr.... it's cold up there!

8 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun. I was driving in sunny southern California, hot, and looking at folks walking around in tank tops. I'm currently wearing a summer skirt and top. Have fun in the cold. I don't like cold but I do like my holiday weather to warrant at least a sweater.

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger chase said...

havent you ever heard? They f*ck you at the drive through?!?!?!

I hate ordering everything, and they seem like they got it together, they all nice and sh*t, and then when you look in the bag they forgot the pie, or the side order....they aint forget, and they aint slick, lol.

Now you have a choice....get out the car in the cold and go inside, or drive up the drive thru again, behind five cars, and wait inline again.

I hate the drive thru too, cant u tell?

 
At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i almost never use the drive thru unless the weather is gonna freeze my ass instantly :D

i just hate talking to a machine... gimme a real person, please...

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger Brotha Buck said...

Wow!— I have not had that experience at a drive-thru. Never. Now, I have had that experience when I call 4-1-1 information. Yes, I'm one of the few who uses information 'cause I'm too lazy to use a phone book. But it throws me off when I get this pretty-sweet voice that says, "Verizon wireless" in a woman's voice, then its followed up with a baritone guys voice.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Rose said...

Yes...I have those same problems. What gets me is this: they are not even giving you napkins. They are trying to save every dime. Once I became so angry that I went back and the crew worker said that you have to ask for everything now...

 
At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny observations about drive thrus. Good questions. Now I really am curious as to why the need to pre-record the gretting.

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger proacTiff said...

Just when they start letting the thirty and over cats join the local league, now they want to start cheering for their Basketball team, using their blog as the medium. Since when a tall brother like basketball? *Laughs* I've not had the automated drive-thru voice yet. I wonder what kind of establishments I'm lurking? Since you didn't name said F/F joint I'm thinking you are going to some high-priced joint. The highest my F/F taste take me is Backyard Burger and Chik-fil-a and it's not happened yet. And at the Chik joint, just the other day the cat must was high on cafeine and asked me, "Wouldyoulikeanyketchupmayomustardpolynisiansaucewithyourorder?" I asked for, "everything you just said," and I needed two hands to grab it all. You better stop paying tithes at them Golden Arches or to the King. Ha ha.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Rainmayun said...

ok... no offense, but if I did a Google search for "cleveland cavs cheerleaders" and YOUR picture came up, I'd be sorely disappointed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home