Sunday, January 22, 2006

Going back to Qwerky

Well, I'm back in Albuqwerky. Came out 2 days early to get an extra ski day in. It was interesting. I didn't go to the big resort that's nearby, Taos. Instead, I hit up this lil small family resort called Sinapu. Since there's not a lot of snow, I figure I'll go with the cheaeper lift tickets and take advantage of the FREE lodging. Who gives free lodging? The catch: No phone, no tv, no maid service. The mountain was bigger than I expected. It was half open, and that was plenty for my & my snowboard. It seemed like I had the entire resort to myself! I counted about 9 other skiers/boards there, not counting the workers. More about this later.


Spam Breakfast


Going back to my Hawaii post... I forgot to tell you about the crazy breakfast menu at the McDonald's in Hawaii. Click on the pic to see the menu! SPAM for breakfast!!!! MMMMmmmm. No, I didn't try it, but it must be a popular breakfast out there.


Ski Racing


Here's a pic of me racing exhausted! As I mentioned in my previous post, I was a little late, and just finished taking a shortcut... which was on an expert run. So my legs were like jello. So my time on this run was.... slow. Not to mention that wearing a big old jacket acts like a parachute!


Here is my second run. I took off my jacket, my legs were still like jello though. My time was about a second faster. Still slow compared to others. But considering this was my first trip of the season, & others ski in their backyard, I'm not disappointed at all.

5 Comments:

At 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i used to have a hawaiian friend. he told me that somehow hawaiians LOVE spam. they eat spam like nothing and with anything. that's why there're lots of jokes about hawaiians and spam..

just never thought even mc donald has spam :D

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger ManNMotion said...

If you trimmed your hair it might be good for a couple hundredths. How close are you to making the olympics?

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Honest said...

Isn't it amazing how Micky D's adapts itself to different cultures. I went to Jakarta once for work and since Indonesians love fried chicken and rice they had a lot of meal that included fried chicken and a ball of rice wrapped in paper similar to the paper they wrap hamburgers in.

 
At 2:44 AM, Blogger Rose said...

Spam at McDonalds, yuck! You look great on those skis. Your pictures show a great skier.

 
At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spam anywhere... YUCK!
Your hair has gotten sooooooooooooooooo long!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home