Monday, December 05, 2005

Christmas Lights

I was going to say Holiday lights. But my pastor said, don't take "Christ" out of Christmas. So today's topic is CHRISTmas lights. You may have heard about my ghetto neighbors here or in Geckogirl's post, so I figured I may as well continue the rants. So, I look outside, and I see one neighbor has nice lights up, as you can see here. But then I look the other way, and was wondering what these Negroes are thinking?! Are Africans Negroes? I'll assume they are. Anways, I look over at their house, and they have a six foot snowman that takes up their entire doorway! And that's the only decoration they have. Something like belongs in a storefront or in the front lawn. Only a fool will take their one oversized decoration and block their doorway with it.

What made all of this even funnier, is when I woke up the next morning and saw their snowman had deflated! OK, things happen. Did they fix it, or remove it? No. It's still lying at their front door! Just, plan, ghetto.

And before you start thinking, what right do I have to complain about someone else's Christmas decorations, I'll let you konw that I did put up some tasteful lights at my house. My plan was to have a light in all the windows, but I ran out of extension cords. But at least they aren't ghetto. I know, I know, pictures suck. I need to figure out how to use the nighttime feature on my camera.


I'll think of some more stuff to write later.

10 Comments:

At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL at the deflated snowman. Your neigbors sound very interesting.

 
At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My neighbors have a life sized nativity scene, santa and his sleigh with 8 reindeer, and frosty the snowman in their front yard all surrounded by strings of those golf ball sized multi colored Christmas lights. And before you ask, no, I don't live in the hood.

 
At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI... the snowman deflates when you unplug him or unzip him... I just put up my niece's 8 foot snowman... that's how I know... lol... they have to stay plugged in to an outlet in order to remain inflated... and those things are NOT easy to put in ya yard! You gotta secure it in the ground with these screwstakes... THEN after he's blown up, you gotta secure him with tethers and screw THOSE stakes in the ground! And the ground ain't exactly soft! If I coulda put her's on the porch, I woulda... That thing took too much time to secure in the ground! But damnit.. he looks handsome!

anywho...

guess I need to go... cuz I need to put up my tree

HOLLA

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Jez Chill said...

It's supposed to deflate? WTH?!?! Crazy. I like the look of my house too much to let anything deflated lie out front. But maybe that's just me.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger proacTiff said...

According to one of those Ammendments that my memory fails me to recall, you don't have any right to talk about what your neighbor does on his/her property. Why just on the news, right up the interstate in the fine county of Dade, home to Miami, one home owner has a big blow up Santa with black electrical tape to his eyes and he is hanging, lynch style to a tree in the middle of their lawn. Got the entire neighborhood in an uproar about it. You probably could Google it for more detail. In comparison, your ghetto fab neighbors are saints. CHRIST-must not be too happy with all this commercialization that really ain't celebrating the likes of him.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Brotha Buck said...

We have one of those blow up snow men, and the directions clearly say not to leave them on any longer than 6 hours or they might short out.

 
At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just took pictures of my husband putting up our lights. This is our first year decorating, so it starts and ends with the lights for us...maybe a door wreath too, but no inflatable anything this time.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger princessdominique said...

Interesting my Apostle said the same thing about Holiday vs. Christmas. Good teaching!

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger Rose said...

That is so funny...the deflated snowman...

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Jeje said...

You might find this story interesting related to the CHRISTmas thing:
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/180/story_18045_1.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home