Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Indecent Exposure

Here I am at work, walking up the stairs, and I look up to see the grossest site possible at work! A beer belly was sticking out from under this guy's t-shirt! OK, it happens, maybe it was an isolated incident. NOPE! Walking to the cafeteria, I saw a worse example. I was looking downward towards his belly, and still saw the hanging blobs of fat under his t-shirt. There's no excuse for this! It's near freezing outside, and dudes up here showing their belly cleavage.


Road Trip


My trip out to Albuqwerky had its challenges the first day. There was bad weather in Atlanta, which delayed my flight a couple hours. I arrive there at 11:30 (that's 1:30 my time), drive for 2.5 hours through the mountainous Indian reservations, and arrive at the small Sipapu ski resort after 2 AM (that's 4 AM my time). A drive from HELL! Seemed like something from a horror movie.

Once I left Sante Fe (hour from the airport), there was no gas station, no open stores, no nothing for the next 100 miles. The map said I was on a highway, but here I am going 25 miles an hour through little villages w/ my bright lights on. Mapquest said I'll see the intersection in 7 miles, I'm still looking for it 30 miles later. Funny thing is, I was never lost. I was confused, since many intersections had no street signs, but apparently, never lost. One time I stopped, just to be sure I was heading the right direction, then a pack of dogs attacked my SUV!!!! OK, it was only 2 dogs, but it scared the shit out of me! I was in one of those scenes from the Twilight Zone. Away from modern civilization (it seemed to me), wondering if someone behind was going force me off the road and scalp me!

It was an uncomfortable drive, but I made it to my destination, eventually. Got my free room, with no phone, no tv, and no cell phone service. But I had fun snowboarding the next day. The drive back the next day was very pleasant & scenic. I don't get the fascination with Adobe houses, but they were nice to look at.


Corporate Hustler, Part V


I'm still trying to get my hustle on. I now have two opportunities to get promoted, and I'm aggressively pursuing both of them! I can either get this new position, or I can keep my current one. Either way, I'll be extremely blessed with anything I receive, even if it nothing this time around. I'm currently bruising my head against this glass ceiling. But if I get either position, I will have moved up extremely quickly compared to my co-workers at the same level, since I don't have an advanced degree. Not even my current degrees are in this field! (To fend off questions, I have BS degrees). Word is, decisions won't be made until the end of March, so I'll report on my status around then.


Body Clock


In the last 4 weeks, I have been to Hawaii, California, and New Mexico. I have taken red eye flights, & early morning flights. My body clock is all screwd up! I wake up like clockwork around 6 AM EST, but staying up in the morning more difficult than it ever used to be, taking mid-day naps are much more attractive, and I can't fall asleep at night. Aside from a small weekend trip to NC, I hope to get back on track these next 8 weeks. Then it's off to Switzerland, Paris, Cabo, Vegas... *sigh* .... *YAWN*!!!!

6 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are doing some major left coast travel. After all my years of being in driving or short flight distance of Vegas, I've never been (other than a layover).

I've been saving Vegas for a special ocassion. My new hubby and I plan to go this year. Getting there from here doesn't take much planning but it will be special.

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Brotha Buck said...

Hahaha, you quickly got that BS degree in there. At first I thought, dang, he must be packing that community college degree...like me.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Rose said...

Wow! That is some traveling. Will you still be able to travel like that if you are promoted? Congrats!

 
At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wish i have a job like yours :D

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Honest said...

Dang you guys are some traveling people.

I just started using Melatonin on this trip and it's been working wonders. Since it's a natural sleep aid I don't fee too bad about using it.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger DatFuule said...

You lucky, travellin' basdard. All I got to look forward to this month is to and fro work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home