Thursday, March 09, 2006

Black White

I know, I've been missing in action for a while. It has been a very busy week for me at work, so free time to share my twisted thoughts. That's what I get for agreeing to do a month's worth of work in one week. Would you believe, I didn't even get a "Thank You"?!


Depicting Racism


Speaking of which, I watched the new show on FX called Black White. Did you see it? It's crazy. First of all, I wouldn't wish my most hated white enemy to participate in a Poetry Slam as an undercover black girl. If you missed it, imagine this. Bunch of creative Black folks giving very emotional spoken word. Most, of course, rememberized it. Those that didn't, had it written on notebook paper. So then the White girl (undercover Black girl) stands up reading her spoken word from an I-Mac Powerbook!!!! Hilarious. Then, her poem was filled with 5 syllable words! No one knew what she was talking about.


Then the White man went "looking" for racism, and surprised he didn't find any at the use car dealership. Um.... who experiences racism while looking for cars? He should've tried applying for admission into a country club!


Ski Racing Cont


The other weekend, I led some skiers up to North Carolina so that we could participate in their ski racing program. We ahd to qualify first. And of course, all eyes were on us. I wonder if they were trying to see if we were going to come & take over the sport like we did with basketball, tennis, & golf. Don't worry, it's not going to happen any time soon, but its a start. First, I had to qualify, which I did do (Would've been embarassing if I didn't). I found out very quickly, these white folks are serious! It's not like skiing with the black folks, who just want to get down in one piece. It's obvious these folks take the sport very seriously, and train hard. I don't know if my passion for skiing will translate into serious race training, but I feel like the pressure is on. Like I said, all eyes are on me. Hopefully, I can get some other serious Black skiers to qualify next year, so I can just... blend on in. Yeah, I know. I'm just dreaming. No matter what, I will always stand out on the slopes.


I haev one last ski trip left. As you may know, that's to Switzerland. I'll let you know how that trip goes in April. I wonder how it will compare to my Italy ski trip. Italy is the only place I've skied where I had to take me skis off, walk across the street, then keep on skiing down. Crazy. Even more so, folks were sunbathing at the top of the mountain!!! Yeah, it was freezing up there, but they had to get the pure sun rays, I guess. Dinner wasn't served until 8 (Italian culture). So I was starving when I got off the mountain at 4:00. Ate at a German restaurant every day, then ate again at 8. There are no fast food joints along the highway. So when we stopped to eat, the place had to cook the food from scratch. The restaurants were small, and there was no rush to get up or get your check when you finished eating. Very different from the U.S. So I'm just going to prepare myself to be very patient when it comes to eating... just in case.


Don't Sue Me!


So I attended the zoning hearing to continue my protest against my developer, until he improves my subdivision so I can get top money for the houses I'm putting on the market. I thought the case would be "continued" again, but attended just to be sure. I saw that the it was still on the agenda. I got worried when I saw the developer walk in with his charts! Maybe its not continued?


Previously though, I e-mailed all of the commissioners & zoning board to let them know the developer followed through with their direction for him to work with the residents prior to attending the next meeting by threatening to sue me! When the zoning agenda was reviewed, it was announced that this case will be delayed again! Maybe I had something to do with it, I don't know. I'll be out of the country at the hearing. So we'll see what happens.

4 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have yet to catch that black/white show but I'm intrigued. I have a feeling it'll probably make me mad, but I want to see it anyway.

Well, OSU almost got the title, but Iowa snatched it away. Sorry. *chuckle*

But hey, you got further than we did. On the other hand, Syracuse did win the Big East tourney! GO ORANGE!!!

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Paula D. said...

Black.White was really interesting. Is it just me or does the black family look light skinned in their make up?

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger princessdominique said...

I'm not sure if I can get into the BlackWhite show. It's a little wierd for me.

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Rose said...

I am going to try and catch the next show. I have been hearing so much about it both negative and positive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home