Thursday, March 23, 2006

Truth Serum

Ever wonder how your co-workers really feel about you? It's easy to find out, just go out drinking with them! As always, I have to play the Corporate Hustler role to ensure my management has high regards for me, so I agreed to join the "team" as we went to a bar to celebrate a new hire's promotion. True, no one took me out when I gambled and put my job on the line to force my promotion. But I'll keep those comments to myself. So we're at the bar, and the inevitable question is asked: "This is fun, who's next to get promoted?" All heads turn towards me! So I had to reply. "Don't look at me, look at my supervisor!" who was sitting a few chairs down from me. Everyone knew I was trying to get promoted, and my work performance justified, so there were a few supportive comments thrown out there. But then my supervisor yelled, "You have no sympathy from me to get a promotion. Hell, you're living better than I am!"
Yes, I travel out the county one or two times a year. yes, I take about 4 or 5 vacations a year. But I'm single with no kids! About to be dual-incomed! So of course I'm living well. It's no surprise to him make these comments, but it's certainly uncomfortable to hear the person that supposed to be pushing to get me promoted make comments that may lead is actions to the contrary. Makes me wonder if he really is working on my behalf. Meanwhile, my work load and responsibilities are increasing, and I'm about to break my neck on this glass ceiling.
[Apply For Job] - - *CLICK* - - [Attach Resume] - - *CLICK* - - [Send]


I'm The Man


Ever come across an old item that showed how cool were back then but wouldn't be caught dead with it today? That's how I felt when I was cleaning out a box and came across my cool icon: My bright blue Motorola pager! For some reason, the gold chain was missing, but that was definitely my "I'm The Man" symbol back in the day. Ahhh... the memories.

8 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yea... i agree with you... a bit drops of alcohol, you'll know about your co-workers... from what they think about you, what they think about others, to who they just slept with the other day... :D

 
At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you have info based on liquor induced truth and can adjust your hustle.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Brotha Buck said...

My coolness tended to lie in how I was wearing my fro at the time. And whenever i discover a picture, its scary.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Honest said...

Alcohol really is the truth serum

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger princessdominique said...

I agree with you. Alcohol is like laundry detergent, it all comes out in the wash!

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Rose said...

When people are drinking what they say is the truth. At least that is what I've always been told. Alcohol just gives them the courage to say it.

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger ManNMotion said...

Only things to do with a jealous boss is a) make friends with HIS boss, b) outlast the boss until a new one comes along, or c) find a new boss. I'm sure you'll keep us updated. And don't forget to put a bullet point that says you da man on your resume.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Brotha Buck said...

Ok, that little montage thing from my blog, of course I had to type in "JezChill". OMG, you are right. I thought you were some kind of engineer. You are a ...stripper?!

lol!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home