Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Short People

I had an interesting day yesterday. I know, I'm posting a day late, but my internet is acting up at home. Anyways... I'm rolling home from work, glance in my rear view mirror, and I don't see anyone driving the pickup truck behind me. Wait... let me look a little closer once traffic stops. There she is! All I see is part of a pair of eyebrowns and a forehead sticking above the steering wheel!

OK, now I'm scared. I think she's looking at the forward traffic from between that space from the top of the steering wheel down to the top of the dashboard. What do short people think when they get in the drivers' seat and can't see clearly? That's what phone books are for!!!

I decided to experiment what it's like to be too short to drive safely. So I sunk down real low in my seat so just my eyebrows was over the steering wheel. I know the folks next to me probably thought I was smoking something, but this was a serious experiment! OK, i can see the car in front of me, but my periferal vision sucked, and clearly couldn't see enough of my surroundings to drive safe. Point proven: Short people should be required to sit on two phone books when driving trucks/SUVs/Other big rides.

3 Comments:

At 6:02 PM, Blogger ..Sue...Zette... said...

LMAO...lawdhabmercy...
Well I'm 6'1''...been that way since I was 15...so I've never had that problem, but as a future public policy practicioner I do applaud you recommendation for making our roads a safer place.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Blog ho said...

!!!

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Jez Chill said...

Damn... I didn't think about that. Strap 2 phone books to each peddle too then!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home