Thursday, November 11, 2004

Celebrating Grass!!

Anyone who knew me before I moved to Atlanta will tell you that I would be the last person you'll ever find doing yard work and keeping up a flower garden. In fact, I refused to cut my grass at my California house more often than once a season. Everything certainly changes when you own your own home though. That's why I can't figure out why some homeowners don't have enough pride to keep up their own yards.

I just winterized my flower garden. I have no doubt I'll have a very impressive presentation in the spring. My front yard is looking like its supposed to. But I have one real troublesome area that I haven't been able to solve for the 2 years I've been here.... how to get grass to grow in my back yard!

I've tried seeding & seeding, watering & more water, tha didn't work. I tried using a "hook-up" to aerate & seed the lawn, that didn't work. Even despite working daily to keep the ground moist so the seeds will germinate. My latest effort was to pay ChemLawn to hook it up. This was four weeks ago. I looked out into my backyard today, and I see grass growing everywhere!!! I'm really excited!!! Finally, I won't look out and see a bed of red clay & weeds. Aren't you happy for me?

But wait a minute.... It's Novemember. My grass is growing... please tell me I'm not going to be that fool cutting his grass in 35 degree weather in December!!!

2 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger Jez Chill said...

I'm really not in to flowers either, it's just that I have to get a little dirty if i want my house to be the nicest on the block. i can't see myself paying someone to do the yard work. I can spend that money on drinks, and maybe my girlfriend will catch me cutting the grass and get turned on. :-)

I've never heard of a "Jim Man". Must be an Aussie term. Here, we call the folks that cut the grass Mexicans. OK, shame on me! That was cruel!

 
At 2:07 AM, Blogger Jez Chill said...

I bet he's having problems. I've seen what happens from the one episode I watched of "Desperate Housewives".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home