Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Adult Video Games

Should adults play video games? Is this something that a woman would be tuned off by to find out that a guy enjoys being glued to his PS2 or X-Box? I never really thought about it too much, but its something I've been wondering.

I confess. I took this survey online about how men think. And I paused when I got to the following question:
What do you consider to be the most important factor in why you, or men in general, play video games?

  • As a distraction or means of relaxation

  • The opportunity to vent frustrations and aggression

  • It's a way to bond with friends

  • None of the above


  • For me, its a definite distraction from reality and provides hours of relaxation.

    2 Comments:

    At 1:49 PM, Blogger AMES said...

    I dated an Everquest junkie and will never date a man that is extremely involved in video games. He would bring his game box on vacations, supposedly so we could watch DVD's.

    I think anything can become a problem and depending on the man's relationship with his games, I am turned off. But as I think about it the time I waste online might also be an issue of concern. And I don't have the excuse of slacking off from work, I'm self employed so I'm wasting my own money.

     
    At 7:36 PM, Blogger Haviland said...

    I'm going to say this: why does it just have to be the guys? I know quite a few women that like to play PS2. Myself being one of them. I will admit I haven't played in a while, but that has a lot to do with my frustration at continually f*cking up on Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. I refuse to get the new one until I finish the current one. That being said, it doesn't bother me if men play video games as long as it isn't to the exlcusion of all else. Example of when it's a problem:

    Woman: Honey, how about some head?
    Man: Right after I finish playing this quarter.

    That's a problem.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home