Monday, November 22, 2004

Damn Potlucks

I've been away for a week. Travelling. Glad to be settled back at home now. Unfortunately, it's Thanksgiving week. That means, to eat, you have to contribute to required potluck. I refrained from signing up at work on my group's sign up sheet before I left on my business trip. As soon as I arrived, the sign-up sheet was still waiting for me. Everyone put down their fancy casserole dishes. I would love to have everyone sample my masterpiece, but it wouldn't seem right if I just signed up for boiled eggs. I signed up for apple cider. Is that a Thanksgiving drink?

I was wondering, for those who exert their elbow sweat to feed others who worked as hard, so you have less regards for the guy who didn't fix anything or just bought drinks?

2 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Blogger Brown Shuga said...

Naw man. Drinks are very, very important. There's nothing like a sip of cold juice, pop, etc. after you've been chewing on your co-workers nasty ass casserole surprise. ha ha ha Gotta wash it down with something. "Oh...that was macaroni and cheese?!? I thought I tasted some cinnamon or was it nutmeg?!?" ha ha ha

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Rainmayun said...

cider is ok, but beer would have been better.

why did one of my coworkers have the nerve to bring in some kind of macaroni salad made of what seemed to be 3 ingredients... macaroni, mayonnaise, and chopped up hotdogs??????



and why was that one of the BETTER dishes? lmao... I am glad I did not bring squat this year, and I worked through the entire event and only ate leftovers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home